Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    No doubt most WDF members, including those outside the US, are aware of the shooting this morning at Virginia Tech in Virginia, US (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shootings). I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say that the victims, their families, and all those affected by this despicable act have my deepest condolences.

While not directly affected, this has greatly rattled me. I'm a college student myself (which itself is a surprise to a lot of members giving my general demeanour at WDF and my status as administrator on a site with 15,000 members). Some members of the moderating team are college students as well, and I'm sure a great number of our members are that age as well.

I attend University of Maryland Baltimore County, and the thought that this event could occur at any similar setting has really gotten to me. I even remember many years ago in high school when the Columbine shootings took place that I was depressed for quite some time.

If you have any comments (not political; please remember to respect the WDF rules), you can post them here. The header at WDF has been updated with helpful links if you want to do more; specifically, you can offer help via the Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/donate/give/).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    This is a huge event, I live in Canada, and its big news here too. I also could make connection to this event. I goto a school called Brampton Centennial Secondary School and it was the first school in North America to have a shooting (according to my teachers) Another strange thing is that my class is just finishing NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) and we talked about Salvation Army, Red Cross, etc. Are these forums and events telling me a message? aranoid:

I am glad that these forums are supporting the families that are suffering due to this event. My family already donated to Red Cross.

Member #
    It's a saddening story for sure. I get paid tomorrow and will donate.

Member #
    I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say that the victims, their families, and all those affected by this despicable act have my deepest condolences.
    Im with you on that one,

In Dunblane, Scotland UK 11 years ago there was a school shooting incident too, and that racked the whole country. Since then a lot of laws and bills have been passed to try and prevent such a thing happening again.

My heart goes out to those affected.

Member #
    It hurts so much to think that someone would kill more than a couple dozen students seeking knowledge and eventually himself... What he must have been thinking...

My best to the families.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I thought the attached image was worth sharing. Taken from my facebook's `recently updated' list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    What is it!? It's too small ... I can't read the text.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I wish to offer deepest sypathy affected to all of those affected by this tradgedy, and I am very please that the forums are supporting the tradgedy and if it wasnt for everyone here I probably wouldnt even be aware of the even.
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The text is irrelevant. It's the pictures on the left that are relevant :-) (The pervasive one is the ribbon with the VT logo on it, typically with the logo of the respective other college on it, too)

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Ah! Gotcha!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads