Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I would like to announce the promotion of a long-time WDF Moderator, Wired to Administrator!

He will be joining me and filburt1 in making sure that your WDF experience is as enjoyable as possible, by providing the tools needed for a great forum community!

You can view the full list of team-members on the moderators page: http://www.webdesignforums.net//showgroups.php

Member #
    Thats great news.

If I may, what do you look for in a moderator, and an administrator?

Just the normal? (Regular poster, someone who follows the rules, posts quality content?)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    All of the above... I also look for people with lots of $$$ who will bribe me. ;-) (j/k)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsogs recent bank account activity
    Withdraw savings amount
    Withdraw current account amount
    Transfer the total to smoselys account
    Busk
    I like all the changes that are being made here.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Oh, did I mention that brown nosing goes a long way, too? :-D

Member #
    Then..Congratulation to our new Administrator..

Cheeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrssssss!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    As your new Alien Overlord, I will bring peace and prosperity to this forum, and yay, it shall be good.

That, and I promise I'll never break the forums... often... during the day... when you most need it...
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Congrats Wired. I have always admired and respected your opinions since I joined, and am glad to see you recognized for your efforts and talents.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    If I may, what do you look for in a moderator, and an administrator?

Just the normal? (Regular poster, someone who follows the rules, posts quality content?)
    I have no idea as to what sort of "selection policy" smoseley will have, but these are some general thougths with regard to beeing selected for moderator/admin position:

The choice of moderators, or any selection of people to be given certain privileges, will allways follow a path of somewhat esoteric rules.

Whilst beeing on the outside of the select group, the "secret key" will remain hidden, not because it's a conscious effort to uphold secrecy, or a certain set of rules for qualifying, but because it's a subconscious set of rules-of-commonality that any group of human social-interaction contains.

Obviously, it requires a basic set of "properties" like beeing helpful, knowledgeable, and verbally capable of expressing and conveying thoughts, help, policies of the staff, etc.

Additionally there are some practical prerequisites, like "do we actually need to expand the moderator group now"?
    Obviously, as beeing given moderator privileges will be felt as a "promotion" for most members, certain particularly valuable members will occationally be given this title even when there's no particular need for expanding the staff. This is primarily because their ideas and knowledge is deemed valuable within the "administration", and because we want to keep them here to benefit all the other members.

-----------

The reason Wired has been promoted to Admin is probably this:

(The difference between a moderator and an admin is basically that an admin can physically alter the layout and features of the website. A moderator can only air an idea in the moderators lounge, and after discussing it back and forth, the admins can physically make the alterations.)

While filburt owned WDF, he didn't want any other then himself to be able to alter the layout of the site.
    smoseley, the current owner, has a different philosophy. He has kept filburt as an administrator because of filburts intimate knowledge of the VBulletin engine, and obviously because he's the creator of WDF and hence knows all its nooks and crannies.

Wired is one of the oldest moderators here, in addition to beeing the most active one. More importantly, Wired is the admin of similar boards and have huge experience in VBulletin functionality questions. This experience and knowledge makes him uniquely qualified for beeing an additional administrator of this board.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Rosland got it pretty much right.

Remove Ads