Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The account deletion policy officially stands: no accounts may be deleted upon request except under extreme circumstances or should they be deemed necessary. I will delete accounts only upon request such that the absolute only resolution to the situation is deleting the account. I will also delete accounts with inappropriate usernames, spammers, or other users who should not belong in WDF's professional context. In addition, the WDF rules are being updated to include this clause.

The following is an e-mail from my host:
    ...We are not requiring the usernames be removed; based on our
    > examination of the reasoning behind the request ("personal details") we can
    > find nothing to indicate an undue burden on the persons in question
    > regarding their personal information, their registration at one forum you
    > used to run, or their subsequent transfer of details they have provided to
    > the new incarnation of same. We have looked at the user ids and their
    > profiles in your forum, and the only request we will make is that readily
    > identifiable information (birthday, AIM contact, for instance) be removed
    > from their profiles. One possible solution would be to rename these users to
    > some other username, or simply mark them as as guest, but that is offered as
    > a possible solution, not a requirement.
    >
    > Other requests from these people will be directed to you, as we see no
    > violations of our AUP or any violation of US statute here. Until and unless
    > we receive some communication from a proper legal authority, we will take no
    > action.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Abuse Investigations
    > Hosting Matters, Inc.
    > http://www.hostingmatters.com
    Referencing the profile information section of the e-mail, I suggest (as I have before) that users who do not want to be affiliated with WDF remove all of their profile information, change their e-mail address and contact preferences (all to No), log out, remove WDF from their favorites, and not return.

If you have any mature questions, please reply below. Immature responses will be deleted, and WDF's rules are still in affect for this thread, just as all others.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    To simply clearing profile information, I'm currently writing a script that will allow you to empty all personal and contact information from your profile except for your username (which would require much more work given how many times it's cached in vB). A link will be posted when it's done. You must have remembered the password from your account to be able to use the form.

Member #
    Filburt - There are three resolutions to the problem. 1) You convert the forum back to Turtletips, which is the only forum I actually registered for. 2) You give me the opportunity to remove all of my personal information from the account, and then change the username to something completely different. 3) You delete my account.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Originally posted by filburt1
    To simply clearing profile information, I'm currently writing a script that will allow you to empty all personal and contact information from your profile except for your username (which would require much more work given how many times it's cached in vB). A link will be posted when it's done. You must have remembered the password from your account to be able to use the form.
    To goudabuddha2 and all the rest:
    The afforementioned script should appease your concerns about personal information being available. As for changing the user name as well, unless your user name was something like firstname_lastname, you have nothing to worry about, since it's not your real name, nor does it have any connection to you.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The script is now available: http://www.webdesignforums.net/emptyprofile.php

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN USING THE SCRIPT. The actions it performs cannot be undone.

Member #
    This script does nothing for me because the account that I care about getting removed is banned.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Then you should have obeyed the rules.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    ...although you should be able to now.

Member #
    And what about my username being still assosciated to with this website when I never willingly signed up for it? (Wired, contrary to your belief, my username is linked to me... I use this same username for nearly everything, and people recognize me by that name.) What about my post count for all the posts I made on a completely different forum? What about the apology that I and everyone else who originally registered at Turtletips deserves because you transferred all of our accounts and post counts to a new, completely different forum without our consent?

Please, Filburt, write a script to take care of that, too.

Edit: Sorry I have to do this in a public forum, but you won't return my PMs so I have no other option.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I didn't return your last PM because you weren't following my reasoning.

Your post count will be reset with the script.

USERS WERE NOT COPIED FROM TT TO WDF! Read my posts! I explicitly said numerous times that no user data was manipulated. A server move was not done at the same time as the transition. Only the forums (i.e., the containers for posts), moderators, and style was changed. It seems nobody can read because I've said this several times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads