Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hello All!

We just wanted to let members know, that both myself and MikeB are now the owners of WebDesignForums.net.

We've got huge plans for WDF and look forward to being able to provide members with some great new features. We'll son be upgrading to vBulletin 3.8, which will also include a complete site redesign and reorganization.

We feel these changes will be a great start to increasing activity and growth at WDF. The Site of the Month contest will be relaunched, providing greater incentives to take part, with free promotion site-wide for the winner, as well as regular prizes and bonuses for winners!

We're also going to be reorganizing the forum rules/guidelines, and restructuring moderators to individual sections. This will mean that the moderator of the PHP section for example, will be a decent PHP coder. The moderator of the Photoshop section, will know Photoshop in and out, etc. By placing knowledgeable moderators in these areas, we hope to be able to help members get answers that are accurate, and helpful!

So, these are a few of the new features and changes we're making to improve WDF. We welcome any feedback, comments, criticism and concern, and our PM boxes are always open!

Member #
    I am feeling great to here!

Thank you

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good luck Rick! Wondered why I'd stopped getting the "reported post" notification emails.

Member #
    WOW! I come back after a few months break and the design and ownership has changed! I must say I love the new design - just the kind of thing I like.

Was just wondering two things though:
    1) is Steve still active here, and if so has his admin status changed?
    2) where is the link to the forum staff (admins, mods etc)? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Anyway, good job on the site. I mod at another forum, and the idea of forum-based mods is a good idea, and is what we work on where I moderate. I know the challenge of maintianing a forum like this espeically when it goes through updates and changes like this, so I fully appreciate the staff's work.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hey diddy - thanks for the kind words

Yeah Steve's still around! He's a global mod. The staff list is at Web Design Forums - Show Groups

We did a big clear up as there were a huge number of inactive moderators - made no seance to leave them with mod access if they aren't being used

We're still playing around with the design a bit. Tweaking it when we find those inevitable pesky bugs!

Member #
    Ok. Thanks Rick!

Remove Ads