Generic Rules that cover all areas of WDF
- Remain respectful and polite in all posts, private messages, or other communication with both members and staff.
- Please refrain from bumping your threads if you do not receive a response. We allow 1 bump per 48 hour period with a maximum of 3 bumps per thread.
- All posts must be in English. Non-English posts will be removed and a warning issued.
- All posts must be free of illegal or distasteful content, which includes pornography and nudity, bigotry, posting of copyrighted material, spamming the forum, excessive bumping of threads or flaming/trolling.
- Occasional use of common abbreviations is tolerated, however excessive use of "netspeak" or abbreviated slang is discouraged.
- Mild swearing is permitted however only when used conservatively and not directed at any member. Racial slurs or hate speech are strictly forbidden.
- Links to external content should be kept to a minimum, and should only be used if they relate to the thread subject. Creating a post with just a link is not helpful to anyone, so please make sure links are accompanied by sufficient explanation that a reader can choose not to follow the link. You are responsible for ensuring that the linked content is safe and complies with our content rules. Off site links may be removed without notice or warning, at any time.
- Also, referral IDs are not allowed in links (masking a referral ID is just as bad).
- These rules apply throughout the WebDesignForums.net domain, this includes contact through private messages and emails.
- All users are permitted to have ONE account only. If for any reason your account is closed, you may NOT open a new account.
- We ask that members keep an active email address on file at all times.
- Posting material that is not yours, and claiming it as your own is considered copyright infringement and will result in immediate account closure.
- You may only post copyrighted material if you have the permission of the copyright owner.
- Members are permitted to have a signature once they have 100 posts in the major discussion areas and have been a member of the forum for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Signatures may contain up to 4 links.
- Signatures must be no longer than 4 lines.
- Images are not permitted in signatures.
- Signatures may have a maximum of 4 smilies
- Signatures may be removed without notice if deemed inappropriate in any way.
- Signatures must NOT be used to promote any competitors to WebDesignForums.net
- Avatars may not contain pornographic images.
- Avatars can be up to 100px wide by 100px high.
- We allow animated avatars, but they should not be distracting to other members.
- We reserve the right to remove avatars without notice if deemed inappropriate in any way.
Forum Specific Rules
Some of our forum sections contain rules that apply only to that section. Please check for any sticky threads at the top of the forum which contain these rules.
Forum specific rules must be followed in addition to the rules outlined above.
WebDesignForums.net operates on an infraction system. This means members will receive warning points for breaking rules. Points expire after 6 months. If within 6 months you hit a given threshold, your account may be suspended for up to 1 month dependent on the number of points received.
Right to change
WebDesignForums.net reserves the right to modify these rules at any time without warning or notice. Please ensure you regularly check this page for changes to forum rules, as well as forum-specific rules.