Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Yeah! That's what I was talkin' 'bout!

That means it has to be right. Now you actually see the timestamp. And if you move the anchor/like/reply along with it (because some of us like to share anchor points in posts, too), you're rockin'.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    And just because i"m on such a roll right now, one other thing...you're going to have to be a bit more picky with advertisers and more specifically the banner ads. Right now, that PR9 links ad sticks out like a blackhead with the old-school colors. Not trying to be hypercritical or anything, just pointing out things as I see them so that they're "duly noted".
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Still on a roll, just playing with things and testing them.

Is it too early to point out 404s? Because there are a couple I've noticed. Or should I hold off?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Yeah the PR9 one looks really bad now. Sticks out a lot more now that we've got a lighter design. I'll be contacting them on Monday to see if we can get a different banner from them, or we'll look at removing them when the contract expires.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 198242
    Still on a roll, just playing with things and testing them.

Is it too early to point out 404s? Because there are a couple I've noticed. Or should I hold off?
    Can do

All the old threads/forums will redirect correctly to their new locations as we've got a custom rewrite setup. I'm aware that individual post-only links arent redirecting as they dont exist in XenForo anymore. The SOTM links will also be dead along with rules.php

I've started writing a list as I've found them and will be going through them tomorrow...hopefully we shouldnt have too many major ones!

Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    error when submitting a review if i don't rate for all 5 things...

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Okay, since you're making a list, Articles and Marketplace are dead links right now. Not sure if they're part of your cleanup.

And when you confirm/reconfirm your account, there's a very minor only-an-anal-retentive-person-or-guy-pretending-to-be-anal-retentive typo in the message:
    In order to complete your registration at WebDesignForums.net, you need to confirm your account by following the page below.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 198245
    error when submitting a review if i don't rate for all 5 things...
    Cheers Steve - fixed!

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    * grins at Steven *

If you don't know why...you'll probably find out soon enough.
    RickM likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2722 times
    Oh yeah, the Facebook thing on the right doesn't load in IE8. In Firefox, it stretches out.

Man...I'm a good beta tester. I'm breakin' all sorts of stuff!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads