Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Todays upgrade is now complete, and as you can hopefully see, we're now running on XenForo.

WebDesignForums has had a complete redesign, along with a beautiful custom made logo to give the site a professional identity.

We'll no doubt be working out some teething problems over the next few weeks. As explained in the last announcement, the Site of the Month competition will return in a couple of months, bigger and better. We'll be rolling out premium membership options for those who wish to [S]ditch the adverts[/S] support WDF!

We hope you'll love the new WDF. Some of the new features include the ability to 'Like' another members post, receive alerts when someone likes your post, or when a thread you've involved in gets a response. You'll also be notified if someone quotes one of your messages - a feature we've long desired to have! There are hundreds of great small features in the new software, which you'll probably spot along the way.

If you find any problems, would like to shout at us for changing the design, or just wanna say something cool - reply here!

All thats left I guess is for me to welcome you to what will hopefully be your favourite web developer and designer community!

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    OMGOMGOGMOMG. LOVE the new site! Congrats! Looks amazing. One thing though, on each page load, i get a browser popup. 'authentication required....Username and Password'

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic, post: 198227
    OMGOMGOGMOMG. LOVE the new site! Congrats! Looks amazing. One thing though, on each page load, i get a browser popup. 'authentication required....Username and Password'
    Wired is getting the same message - working on it at the moment

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Same here. It's something to the effect of dev2.webdesignforums.net at No Access.

I think the bright blue is a bit harsh and I'm not really feeling the Trebuchet. Other than that, looks pretty cool.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Also, if you could move the post timestamp to the top, that would make things easier to read.

By the way, how did I get so many trophy points? What did I do? That way I can do it again!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    The blue looks fine to me :S

And the new Alerts panel is a great feature too.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Ok the dev authentication message *should* be sorted now...it was a stray CSS reference!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 198230
    Also, if you could move the post timestamp to the top, that would make things easier to read.

By the way, how did I get so many trophy points? What did I do? That way I can do it again!
    The only problem with moving the timestamp is that it would cause it to look part of the message. I'll have a play around though and see what I can come up with!

As for the awards, they were given out based on your past posts and experience Take a look at the link below to see what trophy rewards you can get.

http://www.webdesignforums.net/help/trophies

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Wow...I apparently shut up even less than the mods. Awesome.

I haven't seen the authentication message in my last couple of posts.

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Just a random thought on the timestamp...what if you put it inside of a box with a slightly pastelish background and a light border? Then it's not part of the post. Like the light bluish color on the left side or something.
    RickM likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 198236
    Just a random thought on the timestamp...what if you put it inside of a box with a slightly pastelish background and a light border? Then it's not part of the post. Like the light bluish color on the left side or something.
    You've just received your first like I was thinking something along the same lines - in fact if you look below your sig above this post where your 'likes' are, I was thinking maybe something like that.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads