Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

School Project idea

Good Morning, I wanted to ask you whether you have project ideas I want a school project with HTML and CSS perhaps a little PHP and MySQL, it must all be mentioned! Thanks for your help!
    Love
    Lukas

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Most of us usually use our ideas. When im not building something for someone else I build things I might like. So I'm not sure you will get much input on ideas for projects. Plus, our ideas are things we are passionate about and might not mean the same to you.

If I were you (and yes Ive done this before), id think of a tool or resource that you wish was available. Or it may be available but not work like you want it to. Build something you might use.

Im currently working on a very simple cms that I plan to implement into my clients projects. Most of my clients are artist and very frequently I am using lightboxes and creating galleries. So im creating something that will allow my clients to manage that themselves. Sure there are TONS of those out there but thats no fun! I like building my own things. Theres things that I like about all of them and things that I hate, so im using that as inspiration to build my own.

I also play video games and am working on something in that field. I wont go into much on that one but its in the works.

So instead of asking us for ideas, why not tell us a lil about yourself and what you like doing outside of coding. Maybe we can help you come up with your own ideas. Or just thinking about it yourself might spark an idea in your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    How about a jokes database?

You would make a database for jokes with a category, and have a PHP web page that lets you filter the jokes by category (look up the SQL command SELECT/WHERE). Also you could log in and add new jokes to the database. People could click a button to "like" a joke, and the most liked jokes go to a "Top 10 jokes" section using SQL queries to sort the jokes by likes (look up the SQL command ORDER BY) and limit to just 10 (look up the SQL command LIMIT).

Remove Ads