Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to web designing and developing. I need your help with something, I bought an online web designing course (it was on a 90% off deal), after buying it I went to the site to follow the courses but they were not in a particular order,the website doesn't provide information on which course to start with or which one to end. I need you nice people's help in sorting it out. The list of courses are as follows,

• Java 2 5.0 Programming
    • Photoshop 7
    • CIW Foundations 1D0-510
    • Flash 8
    • Photoshop CS4
    • Dynamic HTML
    • Flash CS4
    • ActionScript 2.0course
    • Dreamweaver CS4
    • Paint Shop Pro 5
    • AJAXcourse
    • CGI/Perl
    • CIW Security 1D0-470
    • GUI Design
    • HTML5
    • Internet Marketing
    • Java SE 6 Programmer OCP 1Z0-851
    • Java Web Services
    • PHP and MySQL
    • Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML
    • Running an Online Business
    • XMLcourse
    • WebSphere 7.0 with Rational Application Developer
    • Dreamweaver 8
    • Photoshop CS
    • ActionScript 1.0
    • Web Design & Graphics
    • JavaScriptcourse
    • ColdFusion MX

Also the courses are not listed down in the same order twice, every time I log into their service they have a different order. Would be a great help it someone can sort this out for me.

Thanks in advance...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They're not listed in any particular order because there isn't a particular order you'd do these courses in. That, and about 80% of that stuff will be of absolutely no use to you in all likelihood (e.g. anything to do with Java, but not Javascript). It really depends on how you learn things personally.

If it were up to me, I'd start with HTML 4.01 and XHTML, then go on to HTML5, then Javascript, then Dynamic HTML, then AJAX, then Dr*amw*av*r 8 and then CS4, then it pretty much doesn't matter after that (I might do PHP/MySQL next, but even that's iffy).

That looks like a course where they tried to cram every piece of knowledge that ever existed about web design into one, but a lot of it is either archaic (e.g. Photoshop 7) or well on its way (e.g. Flash). You probably should have asked us first before you bought the thing (not trying to second-guess here, but if you had, someone would have said something).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I would go through the courses in this order:

1. Photoshop 7
    2. Dreamweaver CS4
    3. HTML5
    4. Internet Marketing
    5. Dynamic HTML
    6. PHP and MySQL
    7. Flash CS4

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    My curiosity is tweaked beyond reproach. You must let us know what some of those courses are like. Provide a snippet of their material so we can see what they are teaching. I've always wondered what online web development courses are like.

The main thing you'll want to have is your own website. Subscribe to a paid webhost or install your own WAMP server. You need a place to do scripting, your own place to do it, not something that the online course might provide.

Remove Ads