Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Creating User Registration, Login and Custom Page

I'm building a website that requires the option for users to login and and create a personal page in which they can make notes and save information that has been obtained from the website. Would anyone know where I could find tutorials on how to do such a thing? To me this sounds incredibly complex. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Well how comfortable are you with Databases and Backend developing? Do you know any php? How to setup a database? Its actually not that complex if you know how to retrieve information from a database using php or any other backend language.

Since you're asking i will assume you don't know much about backend. So help me understand your level of experience.

You can find tons of videos on youtube how to do exactly what you want. Most include project files so if you are too lazy to follow the tutorial you could just take it and copy/paste.. I wouldn't recommend that though as you will learn more and understand how things work by doing the tutorials.

Just search "user login scripting tutorial" or something along those lines and you will, like i said find tons of tutorials doing exactly what you want.

Now I'm also assuming you are coding by hand and not using something like Joomla or Wordpress? I also assume you have an understanding of html/css?

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    Without any programming/scripting experience, you'll be in need of some help (I assume). You can learn it, but it won't be a quick thing to learn.

Member #
    Thank you for your replies! I have experience with html and css, but when it comes to php I have very little. I have downloaded and installed MAMP for my Mac so I can have a local server to view php script. I have yet to successfully connect Dreamweaver to MAMP. The way I'm thinking to go about this is to create something similar to a "shopping cart", but instead of purchasing items the user is just consolidating information for themselves. When the user would click a button next to the desired information it would send it to a "shopping cart" or "profile page" where they can view all of their choices together and at once. If by chance the user is not registered or logged in a login page will open when the user clicks the button.

Member #

You also need to protect against SQL injection when submitting data using any type of web form. Check out this link for more info.

https://www.daniweb.com/web-developm...-logout-script

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads