Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Questionnaires

Member #

Questionnaires

Gidday,

I'm in the process of planning a website and I have a few questions for those of you who are well trained in the art of the keyboard.

What I'm looking at doing is making a website that will match users based off a questionnaire that they would fill out on registration. They will be matched depending on the similarity of responses and then grouped appropriately. In a way it would be fairly similar to a dating website, just that people would be "paired" in larger groups, maybe five or so at maximum. There'd be a few other things to iron out but at this stage all I'm looking for is advice on building this and possible platforms to do so through. I have pretty much zero coding experience apart from a little bit of HTML I learnt back at the start of high school so anything helps.

Cheers

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You are going to be in for a long battle. To build this type of thing you will need to know a lot more than HTML. HTML/CSS and honestly Javascript are all just about standard in websites today and will be needed for what you are doing. You will also need a backend language like PHP and a database like MySQLi.

How you compare people to see who is a match may be tricky. Depending on what it is you are matching and for you may be ok with something simple or need some custom algorithm like these dating sites use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads