Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help with my website design.

I am trying to make my website and get it going but the idea that I have I have no clue as to how to do. My concept is to make the same style as the Apple Watch menu. The scrolling round icons. And as I have a photography business and that is what the website is for I want the icons to open to the gallery after the click is made. My only problem is after looking into the possibilities I don't know what programs or coding to use for this effect or even where to start. I am willing to learn what it takes to make it but I don't know where to start. Any tutorials or advice will be gladly accepted. Thanks!!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Learn HTML and CSS. This covers the layout and how everything looks. From there you will need to learn Javascript. You can probably get away with using jQuery which is a javascript library. Javascript is what adds functionality.

Im imagining this as being pretty basic and straight forward. If you want to get more complex you may need to look into a server side language such as Php that will talk to your MySQLi database.

Ive never used an Apple Watch so I dont know for sure what you are trying to recreate. It may be something fairly easy but I doubt you will find any software or CMS with a plugin that will do this so if you cant do this yourself you may need to hire someone. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I currently had a basic understanding of HTML3 and CSS3 and jQuery and how it functions and how to code it. BUT my problem is I know how to do it in tables and squares but not as much an animated scrolling format. That's the problem I am having. I understand how to keep everything in tables and set grids but I want to break away from it and have it..... different I suppose.

Member #
    This video: portrays the effect I am going for. Only the part where it shows the icons and how they move.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    HTML3 hasnt been around for almost 20years man you may want to brush up a little. Not sure how much has changed considering I have only known HTML5.

So are you curious how to get the images to to be circles? Or are you trying to get the zoom effect? Where they get bigger/smaller? Is that the scroll you are talking about? Would you like yo have the images/icons just open up a lightbox or a whole new page?

The getting zoom affect may be difficult to make responsive. For desktop you could program it so that on scroll it zooms but doing that with your fingers may get a little tricky, but might work?

Aside from SEO issues I think its a cool idea and would like to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I completely meant to say HTML5 not 3. Lol the 3 was meant for the CSS only. And mainly only curious how to get them to open up. My idea is the have it when you hover around the circles/icons move/scroll around just like the watch but when you click the icon expands with side icons to show other photos in the gallery which are clickable to expand also into the fullscreen view of that image. So far what I have been able to work out with CSS3 and HTML5 (Five) :P Is all square menu items which do the intended purpose but I really really want to make it just like this menu. I just don't know exactly how to go about making this menu effect or even how to start. Grids and squares I can conquer all day long, but the circles and the intuitive cursor movement is my challenge.

Member #
    If I can just figure out how to get that scrolling effect I can build from that with the sunburst effects and hovering/clickable content. I just don't have any idea as to what coding or programs to use to establish that scrolling and intuitive design. Thank you apple for keeping it a secret!!

Remove Ads