Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Lightbulb Help With Developing an online streming website.

Thank you guys for helping me out here, i really appreciate it.

Ill start off by explaining what i want to do in terms of the features i want in the website then I'll tell what i need your assistance with.

First off, the website i want to develop will stream videos that i host (either through a platform or self host) to users, users who stream the videos choose either to watch for free (they have to log in with facebook) but they will have to watch in video un skip-able ads (similar to youtube). Or the user can choose to pay a monthly subscription and dont get to watch any ads, but they get a max number of views of example 50 views a month. Also free users and premium users( who finished their quota) can Pay Per View to watch a video with no ads.

So what i just explained is the features i need to provide to my customers, my problem is im not sure which video hosting platform should i use. Ive checked out Brightcove, JW platform and Ooyala. They all seem to not say their actual cost, but i can imagine its pretty high.

What do you guys think? what service should i use? and what set of software will i need? I need the video platform, and i need the Ads platform and hosting service. What have you guys experienced.

Again I'm very thankful for your support guys.

Remove Ads