Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Krazyhawk

Thread: Help with program in website

Member #

Help with program in website

Hi everyone. I want to make one thing in my website but I do not have any ideas how to do that. So the thing is fallow: there is the text where some letters are missing and person has to write them in gapes. And after that, program (or I don't know what) would say if he had made any mistakes. So what should I use? What kind of program, which language and so on.

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    How you doin, bud? We are going to have to get a lot more specific if you really want help on this thing. For starters, what languages are you most comfortable with? There are a million and one ways to do everything. Next, basically what you are doing is a simple validation. Your program feeds text and purposely leaves blanks that could be spans or text inputs. The program needs to know the answer ahead of time, obviously. So you could use JS to put a listener for whenever there is text inserted and have that reference the answer to see if it is correct, or you can have them hit a submit button. JS is going to be best for async purposes, but you could also have them submit it like a form and use PHP.

Let me know some details so I can be more help.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    What type of platform are you using in your website? If it is Wordpress, you can create a plugin for it using php or any other languages you want to use. If you build it from scratch,code manually the function.

One of the best programming tutorials I know is at w3schools.com. There are useful php example in the site where you can use in creating your custom function.

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    Give us a link to your website so we can see what your text looks like.

Remove Ads