Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Angry Help with a volatile situation

He had managed to get a client for us, we started working on the project, it was mainly web design but he ended up doing 16 logos at a worth of around 600 or pounds. as he can't do any sort of web dev

I spent countless weeks coding night and day (16 websites) to meet the clients deadlines

So at this point (16 logos 2-4 days work)
    (websites 1 month or more)

The project in total came to around 6000 *round about pounds* at the time of the project being finished i had given him 50% even though it was around 5/90 work ratio.

After that project had finished the client wanted web changes to his website, i took around 600 and didn't tell him, at this point the business was rocky

He is saying that he is entitled to half of everything even that, when he has done near to no input in the whole project apart from the logos, i was conversing with client direct on all web design also.

- also on another note we had another client, just after which was a flyer a couple of other bits (he did the work) the client never paid and disappeared of the face of the earth he is now threatening me with "selling the debt" to someone near by, this is not my fault? how can he say he will sell a debt to someone when its the client who has not paid?

Please could you advise?

* from other sources from friends

Yep James, no one in their right mind would dare to ask for that, if you had a formal agreement (signed on paper) it would most likely hold in the court of law, that's bureaucracy, but bureaucracy has nothing to do with common sense.. Not a sane man would expect to be paid 50% for 5% of work

Bottom line: You get payed for what you put into work. If you did a certain percentage of the entire work, you are entitled to that percentage, no more no less. Client bonus is debatable, but sure you could add that as a minor factor. However, that still doesnt add to half of the total you will both get payed for. In my opinion, that "partner" (loose term used here) should get 1k tops, that is including the "client bonus"
    Last edited by JamesHarris; Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2769 times
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Lol @TheGAME1264

Sent from my P5W using Tapatalk

Remove Ads