Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: what is the first step for seo after making a website

Member #

what is the first step for seo after making a website

Hello people I have a new website Engineering | Bsfsos.com and I wish to bring it to no 1 on search engine when someone looks up for best engineering colleges, can some one give me step by step effective method for building back links

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Backlinks will not help you! SEO starts before you build a website, not after. In another thread you ask how your site looks. In doesn't matter because your content sucks big time.

SEO starts with researching your ideas for a web site. Is it too competitive? Can you earn money? Do you even have a niche? I look at your site and am immediately confused. What are you trying to do? Who is your target audience? What do they want? Have you done extensive keyword research?

Tell us where you started from and maybe we can help a bit, possibly even recommend resources to help you learn about building an online business.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Backlinks will not help you! SEO starts before you build a website, not after. In another thread you ask how your site looks. In doesn't matter because your content sucks big time.

SEO starts with researching your ideas for a web site. Is it too competitive? Can you earn money? Do you even have a niche? I look at your site and am immediately confused. What are you trying to do? Who is your target audience? What do they want? Have you done extensive keyword research?

Tell us where you started from and maybe we can help a bit, possibly even recommend resources to help you learn about building an online business.
    I dont agree with you partially, it's true that he should do other things done before completing the website but ultimately the link building process is a powerful factor in bringing the website to the top positions with desired keywords. He should work on making great titles and description and inner website content as well.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquestcreative View Post
    I dont agree with you partially, it's true that he should do other things done before completing the website but ultimately the link building process is a powerful factor in bringing the website to the top positions with desired keywords. He should work on making great titles and description and inner website content as well.
    That is an absolute pantload.

FACT: a site can receive referral traffic from search engines without "link building" or even acquiring a single inbound link. That's why pages that are under construction often receive search engine referral traffic. If you've ever built a site and had people contacting you before it's finished, you'll know exactly what I'm referring to.

FACT: Stu was right, as he usually is. SEO starts in the beginning, with proper code, site structure, content planning, etc. It's not a Quentin Tarantino movie; it doesn't start in the middle and then go back to the beginning.

FACT: Stu was right again, as he usually is. The content does suck. There are broken images and the vast majority of links aren't active; they direct the user to the top of the page. Without dealing with this, one can't expect much from search engines and others.

The whole "link building for SEO" mentality stopped being true over 10 years ago, but like most things in Internet Marketing it takes the majority forever and a day to catch up.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads