Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Staging and making site live

Hi,
    I am pretty new to web design but am starting to build sites for myself and others.
    I am looking for some help/support/advice on how to best setup staging sites on my existing domain.
    So while I am building these sites I can give to staging address to the person that I am building for so that they can see the progress of the site and suggest changes.
    i.e:
    www.site1.mydomain.com
    www.site2.mydomain.com
    www.site2.mydomain.com
    I think the correct way to do this is through Cpanel using subdomains plus all my sites will be wordpress sites so I also have to create the databases and users using phpAdmin..... I think...... Can anyway help on the full process and the best way to do this?

Also once I have finished making the site what is best way to replace the old site.... so I would have to move the new site from my server to their server replacing the old website.

I hope all of that made sense and I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

Remove Ads