Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    i know this is old, but really cms is a framework - a good cms site will have excellent design and will have excllent functionality. Thre is not difference aprt form teh fact that things that web developers do over and over again are taken care of. All i can see is developer who do static sites scared of losing money due to not charginf for content editing....

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    a cms is great for a static site and for making it easy for the owner to edit at will. but why would anyone pay a designer to use a cms? there are so many great site builder programs on the web these days. cms are not intended to do the large scale custom sites that one would need to hire a designer for nor is a cms capable of keeping up with it. after all, it's not that hard to build a custom control panel for your clients targeted needs. just an opinion. thx for posting.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky View Post
    a cms is great for a static site and for making it easy for the owner to edit at will. but why would anyone pay a designer to use a cms? there are so many great site builder programs on the web these days. cms are not intended to do the large scale custom sites that one would need to hire a designer for nor is a cms capable of keeping up with it. after all, it's not that hard to build a custom control panel for your clients targeted needs. just an opinion. thx for posting.
    have you ever used a large scale CMS. All big institutions used some or other CMS systems for internal information sites and external. They normally have whole teams supporting, designing, creating content, releases, press shots etc. CMS is a framework FOR web designers.....

Member #
    while i am ranting - do you guys use shopping carts?, these are a type of CMS...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by byronc View Post
    have you ever used a large scale CMS. All big institutions used some or other CMS systems for internal information sites and external. They normally have whole teams supporting, designing, creating content, releases, press shots etc. CMS is a framework FOR web designers.....
    "FOR" not "for"? really? if you get that defensive about this i assume you are still coming to grips with the fact that you as a human being are trying to compete with web sites that can be run for $5 a month and don't really need you and you are just angry i am the one pointing it out. how large is large? should we call cnn and tell them they are fkn up and need to use a cms? relax. you guys are posting to a thread from long ago and showing caps is retarded, you chose to post, nobody forced you.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    CNN uses a CMS FYI

There's nothing wrong with a CMS. Small ones exist for people who just want a small web presence (personal blogs) and big ones exist for companies (CNN, etc). The whole gamut can be highly customized wether it be the adding of a template, a module, or having a custom CMS created, or only a portion of it. It's a TOOL, not an end all answer to creating web pages from now on.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yes you could call a control panel or site tools a form of cms but thats a bit of a stretch. a cms is typically a more powerful and customizable tool then a control panel or what you are calling a cms. i don't feel comparing a cms to it's less useful cousin a good debate for it's strength or usefulness.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    by the standard definition of a cms, your fb tools can be called a cms. though i wouldn't recommend it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky View Post
    "FOR" not "for"? really? if you get that defensive about this i assume you are still coming to grips with the fact that you as a human being are trying to compete with web sites that can be run for $5 a month and don't really need you and you are just angry i am the one pointing it out. how large is large? should we call cnn and tell them they are fkn up and need to use a cms? relax. you guys are posting to a thread from long ago and showing caps is retarded, you chose to post, nobody forced you.
    lol, you really misread my intention and feeling. FOR is for emphasis - really.

why would I be angry, I was just commenting on the thread. I like CMS
    :ichatcool:

Member #
    I dislike CMS also. CMS don't teach you anything nor are they ever good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads