Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    I highly suggest Joomla and WordPress I use both quite a bit and find both of them to be very good. As far as what you can do with them the possibilities are truly endless. Joomla has a huge support base and best of all its free. Take a look at http://www.extensions.joomla.org and you'll truly start to see just how useful Joomla can really be. There are literally thousands upon thousands of extensions, templates, etc available for it and really in all honesty most experienced web designers find building templates for Joomla fairly simple. If your interested PM me and I can pass on some tutorials and other useful information ive acquired during my time using Joomla. As far as WordPress is considered its a very good CMS/Blog and is also hugely expandable for many different uses. It like Joomla also offers a very wide range of plugins and themes. I also found the learning curve with WordPress to be less then that of Joomla. Hope this helps.

Member #
    ToThePoint Solution Web Design Company - To-The-Point Web Solutions built with 100% focus on the business needs.
    Unicorn CMS - essential functionality and the stable foundation for building your website!

Member #
    The expression engine is pretty decent to use when building business websites for clients
    | Todd Fraser
    | http://www.toddfraser.co.uk
    | toddfraserdesign.wordpress.com

Member #
    check out the wordpress homepage - they show lots of sites that are more 'site' than 'blog' including quite a few top end brands

Member #
    I tried Joomla, found it a bit much, didnt know what did what
    didnt know what a module was
    I messed with websitebaker.org and quickly got to grips with it then went back to joomla when I wanted more from cms, it wasnt so difficult to get into

Member #
    Why go mainstream?

Hi,
    I was like you a couple of months ago. I tried all the cms's (and got very close to suceeding with a custom Joomla design.
    I don't like using templates so I decided to forget Joomla. Didn't like wordpress, didn't like drupal, didn't like cushy cms because you couldn't add new pages.

I ended up designing my own cms. I based it on this tutorial
    Building a PHP-Based Content Management System

I will admit it did take a good time to complete, but now I have ended up with a cms that I know inside out. That is easy to integrate into my designs. That I was able to customise the admin to be as basic as possible (as alot of my clients aren't very computer literate to say the least).

I can add and remove features from it to reflect the requirements of the client. And it's a good one for the CV too!

Read into it anyway.

Best regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads