Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi. I am a designer kind of behind the times and my client is requesting I make him a website with flash content, and also to be able for him to edit and post content on his own. Is it possible to make only one page editable or does it have to be made with Joomla or some other cms type program? Sorry Im so new to these methods, but Im trying to learn if it is something that can be done by me or not-As I am not a programmer, however wishing I was

Thank you so much!

Member #
    Well, if the client wants to be able to add content on his own a CMS is probably your best bet. I say that because I'm assuming you're not too familiar with a language like PHP since you stated that you're not much into the programming. There are several to choose from. It would be a matter of what he wants exactly. Joomla is great if he is looking to create a large site with many different pages and wants to be able to have people register and so forth. If the client is going for more of a blog type thing then Wordpress is definitely the best choice IMO. It comes down to exactly what is trying to be achieved.

Member #
    Flash, ew.. go WordPress, its hard to fault.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Moving this over to the 'Other CMSs' section.

etm
    Member #
    I am not a Flash dev, but you can have editable Flash content by storing the actual data, images, text etc. in XML files.

Then you just need a CMS to edit the XML. Sometimes, if the editing use is minimal, it pays to have a developer do up a small, custom CMS that does just what you need, rather than try to fit a large system into your specific requirements. A basic CMS is not hard or expensive.

Remove Ads