Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #
    Having used Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress and even Symphony over the years, I definitely prefer Wordpress.

Member #
    As most of the people suggest WordPress is best for you i also suggest you the same thing...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've built site with HTML, I've used Joomla, I now use WordPress. I'm familiar with others including Concret5, Expression Engine, Drupal, Magento to list a few.

WordPress I the best for all intents and purposes. It's easy to use, and the plugins give you a lot of additional functionality. Also their themes are rather impressive.

Easy to maintain as well. People who really like to fiddle and muck around enjoy Joomla, the coders love Drupal...the folks that like to get it done well, fast and efficient like WordPress.

My 2 cents.
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeapot, post: 229849
    I've started to lose a bit of faith in wordpress as I realized it's only the more experienced clients who figures out how to edit their site.

Well, the posts and pages aren't hard. But widget/sidebar-texts and all that is confusing many of my clients.

Wordpress is also very resource-heavy.

We've now started working on our own cms.
    wordpress is not really intended for "client use" except
    For possibly adding content and pages...

You should be adding widgets and themes
    And such...

I've setup numerous installs for clients... When given a choice, they always choose to be setup as "just an editor", so they can add content... They call me to do anything other than that... And I'm good with that...

Most average clients don't even want to see the options for everything else... And the purpose behind wordpress is to allow then to add and edit content without having to deal with any of the other stuff...

But all of that is discussed early on in the process... So when I setup a site for them, I give then all the optiions ... Of the 2 that wanted "full control"... They still call me to make those changes...

Member #
    If you are looking for a CMS that is very easy for the end user (customer) to use, try Marketpath CMS. The non-technical user can still add content, as well as image galleries, videos, forms, blogs, etc. If you are designing a site for a small business, but they want complete control after launch, it is a good product.

[Edit: link removed as per forum rules. AlphaMare.]

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The thing about Wordpress is that I'm not a programmer. I should know PHP, but I don't. I really don't want to use somebody else's template. So if you know PHP, go with Wordpress. Otherwise...I don't know.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinfh2, post: 238219
    The thing about Wordpress is that I'm not a programmer. I should know PHP, but I don't. I really don't want to use somebody else's template. So if you know PHP, go with Wordpress. Otherwise...I don't know.
    <face 2 palm> The "template" is just css and html. There is some sort of misconception that b/c WP (or any other CMS) is PHP driven, once can't make it look different. I do not understand this. I was making sites with CMS's far before I knew a lick of PHP.

PHP is serverside and has not bearing on style. It's used to fetch data, process input etc... At the end of the day, if you DON'T know PHP, using an open source CMS can really help you add features to your site you wouldn't be capable of implementing with plugins or native features.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads