Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    I'm trying to build a website, and I believe using a CMS is a good way to go because my 'clients' want the ability to update and edit it the content, as well allow other users to login and register to view 'exclusive content'.

The problem is I already made a layout and I am having a lot of trouble with adapting it to work with CMS's like Joomla and Drupal.

Is there a simpler CMS I can use in this case? One where I won't have to completely change my design, but still have things like user login? Thanks in advanced!

Member #
    As far as experience with CMS's, the two that I have the best luck with and prefer working with is a) Wordpress or b) Expression Engine. Wordpress is free and you are able to customize it and do a lot with it with the help of plugins, plus the templating (theme) system is very easy to customize to the desired layout. The second system is Expression Engine, which out of the box is a more powerful system that allows you to do a lot more customization, somewhat without the help plugins/add ons. The drawl back with Expression Engine is it cost money

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I think wordpress will be fine for your requirements. Its free CMS too so you can give a try for it.
    Hosting On Web - A web hosting company.

Member #
    you can convert your design into joomla. you'll have very few code needed

Member #
    I use my own CMS. Used WP for few years. But too much resource usage on my vps. So up with my own CMS and moving away from WP.

Member #
    Try Joomla its amazing and has unlimited plugins/modules/components available and most are free, your also able to give a user(client) around 7 levels of access on the site including article editing and creating.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbnbuildaweb View Post
    Try Joomla its amazing and has unlimited plugins/modules/components available and most are free, your also able to give a user(client) around 7 levels of access on the site including article editing and creating.
    I would say exactly the same thing, so no use repeating what he said.^
    just double-confirming that

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I found Joomla much more confusing. I prefer Wordpress. It's mac like if that makes sense.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    @jwind

Please do not insult a very fine OPEN SOURCE blogging platform like WP (I still do not understand why people keep calling it a CMS) by calling it "Mac Like" LOL I have heard it all now!

To the OP:

Too bad, So sad!

The truth is, not all is lost. Pick the CMS you want, be it Drupal, Joomla, hell even some of the more obscure Nuke flavors are pretty good, or a favorite of mine phpFusion (Rest in Peace Nick) Once you have found the one you want, learn the templating engine for said CMS, then you are set. Yes, you might loose a bit of the work you have done, but in the long run you gained knowledge.

The coders will tell you to just make your own CMS, I am not that smart.

So, take my advice with a grain of salt!
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LeenkzMike View Post
    @jwind

Please do not insult a very fine OPEN SOURCE blogging platform like WP (I still do not understand why people keep calling it a CMS) by calling it "Mac Like" LOL I have heard it all now!
    I'm not insulting it at all. Quite the contrary. Yes, it is a great OPEN SOURCE (i knew that without you shouting) blogging framework, but tell me why it can't be used as a CMS?

I use it almost exclusively. It's not perfect for everything but nothing is.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads