Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There. Is it obvious now that I'm a mod? Hopefully this will make it more clear to you.

I love the hate-on argument, by the way. It was a "d*ck" comment because it was correct, and you couldn't handle it, so you responded by your own admission with a "d*ck" response. Did you justify your answer? No. And who asked you a question on the 28th, 3 weeks after it was dead? Who asked you to make the e-commerce comment...which, by the way, you've never really clarified?

Again, you're no better or worse than anyone else, and before you post any more I would advise that you address that issue internally. I'm not telling you what to do...I haven't yet. But this could all be resolved a whole lot easier if you just said "hey, you're right, I should have made this more clear in its own thread and everything would be resolved." Too bad your ego won't let you do that.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I don't care if the thread was old. There is nothing wrong with posting on an old thread. The thread was on the first page of one of the forum topics so I left a comment. If you had any sense you would have said, "o cool someone is posting in my forum, I'm glad there are people that care about this forum enough to post in it and contribute". Instead, you were a d*ck.

I don't see what isn't clear about my explanation --> don't use WP for ecommerce because the available plugins are buggy and have poor usability. I'm not going to spend 10 minutes justifying my answer to something that is common knowledge.

Seriously, resorting to psychological bs is so pathetic. How big does your ego have to be to feel you can advise people to "address issues internally"? At least as big as the person you are telling it to, probably much bigger.
    shovenose likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    * sighs *

First of all, it's not my forum. So you're wrong there...again.

Second, your argument makes no sense. You bump a dead thread to post something that is supposed to be common knowledge? What's the point of that? If it's common knowledge (which I suspect it isn't), then there's no need to repeat it and usually the people that do are the followers trying to fit in with the crowd (read half the posts in the SEO forums for examples).

I don't buy your "care about the forum enough to contribute in it" argument either. If you did, you'd actually explain stuff rather than post one-liners. But go ahead...proceed.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Oh dear. Well, in any case, I care about this forum enough to post in it, maybe I'm the only one, I don't know, but this whole argument seems kinda silly :-)
    David DiGiovanni likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    You're right, got a little carried away. My apologies to TheGAME and the forum.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    :-) I think everybody is happy now

Member #
    WordPress is best ! though Joomla is fine ... personally i like WordPress .

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    i chose both.
    -----------------------
    | I | A | M | S | A | M |
    -------------------------------

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I choose fot TheGame to show us how his CMS works and looks like. I for one am curious!
    shovenose likes this.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 215590
    I choose fot TheGame to show us how his CMS works and looks like. I for one am curious!
    If you're talking about the client side, maybe - he could probably point us to a site he's made that uses his CMS.

If you're talking about the underlying code, HAH! Why on earth would Game want to share something he's worked hard and long to perfect with a bunch of people he has never even met? And not even get paid for it? I know he's crazy sometimes, but I don't think he's that crazy.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads