Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys,
    I am presently building a website with Adobe Dreamweaver Cs5. Usually, I was prewiewing my progress by just clicking the index.html file but since I added an email form on my site, I need to load to a server in order to try the new email form. Now, my question is why do I need to be on a server in order to try that? Also, how can I test my website online for free without getting a domain name and all that? I downloaded a free software called "Core FTP Lite" but I don't know how to make it work and if I need something else to make it work? Please, let me know if you have any thaught related to this.
    Thanks,
    Yannik

Member #
    You need a mail server to send mail. You're only going to get one by having a web server enabled.

FTP has nothing to do with sending mail through SMTP.

Member #
    Thanks for the information. If I have my own domain name registered, do I only need a host in order to view my website online? Are there some free host that let you upload your own domain name (.com)?
    Thanks,
    Yannik
    Ps: I hope I don't give you a headache with all my questions!

Member #
    Try this:
    Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads

Its free and supports php and mysql
    Also i suggest that you do a little tutorial on uploading with ftp. Once you know it it's a peace of cake, and very handy.

Greetings and good luck.

Remove Ads