Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Whats the best CMS for beginners

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    For me WordPress is first one , them you have Joomla , Druapl , Magento . I don't recommend Drupal for beginners .

Ultimate Software Review: Top 5 Content Management Systems of 2014 Check this blog to know more about Top CMS .
    Sarah_foodie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would in order say:
    PHP-Fusion is great for a beginner,
    PHP-Fusion is very easy to setup / install, the community is very active in development and the releases and patches are always pretty much quick.
    Themes design is very simple as the themes are CSS (usually most cms is , but some use .tpl) Plugin development is more advanced then E107)

Wordpress : is great for a beginner
    Simple to install, Very easy to grab / install a new theme, lots of development (3rd party) out there.But if you ask me IMO it's way overused and a lot people use, it's always good to have a site that doesn't look like everyone elses site on the net, what I mean, kinda depends on your content though for example my site
    CMSLabs uses SMF (simple machines forum) ONLY FOR> As a directory for publishing and giving users a clear category to choose development help with design and coding examples.

E107 is great for a beginner.
    Things are great over at E107, This CMS is very easy as many others are, But the admin section for new users can get a bit tricky if your new to web site software, for a plugin / block developer this system is very easy to learn in a couple hours, and the theme design is similar to PHP-Fusion theme design.
    FACT: PHP-Fusion was actually forked / rebuilt from E107 back in early 2003 if i'm not mistaken you can wiki this information and see that there was some copyright arguments back in the day with E107 and founder Nick Jones of PHP-Fusion.

I hope this small post was helpful,
    Kind regards,
    Matt
    [EDIT: this post was helpful, but please don't include fake signature links. When you reach 100 posts, you can create a signature. Thanks. TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Apr 18th, 2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Sarah_foodie likes this.

Member #
    There are the CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, Magento that beginners may use for designing websites, I personally like WordPress and templatetoaster for designing websites as both are easy to use, using templatetoaster, you can design themes/templates and install it on the respective CMS as it supports multiple CMSs like Joomla, Drupal, Magento, Wordpress and you can design HTML5/CSS3 websites in a lesser time as well. I would not suggest beginners to use Drupal as it is bit difficult to understand.

Member #

Wordpress is good, but other options work as well :)

I would recommend Wordpress, like many others. There is a boatload of documentation out there on how to do anything you can possible want. One drawback is that many plugins are available, but for a premium fee (quite expensive for what some of them actually are). I sometimes find wordpress a little bit slow as well... could just be me though.

Opencart is a pretty good shopping cart CMS which has a solid community around it.

Drupal is another reputable CMS, but I have not enjoyed working with it personally. One thing that is cool with Drupal, is that everything is loaded in 'blocks', meaning you can click on the page section you want to edit from the front end, which takes you to the exact region to edit.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It all depends on what "easy", you are looking for, and your skill level.

If you're looking for "easy" use for you or clients, then wordpress is probably the starting point. In my opinion , wordpress menus and how you add content was the most user-friendly.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wordpress CMS system is best for the beginners. It is the most popular open-source CMS. Because of its following features it is best for startup:

1. It is easy to start and low cost.
    2. Design friendly.
    3. It is helpful and scalable.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Here we are answering a question that was asked over 4 years ago.

I will agree with the others that WordPress is probably the best choice for a beginner wanting to create his/her own web site. Personally I don't find it nearly as easy as many people seem to say. I have been playing with WordPress for a few months now. I have about 8 websites for my business. The first ones were created about 15 years ago using FrontPage. Then after that I switched to Dreamweaver. I won't say either of my first two programs had a short learning curve but WordPress has had me pulling out far more hair then either FrontPage or Dreamweaver did.

My advice to someone who doesn't have a lot of experience building web sites and is going to use WordPress is this. There are a bunch of tutorials on YouTube. Watch several and see which of the sites in the tutorials you like and then use the exact same template. That way it will be much easier to follow what they say to do in the tutorial step by step and you may then find it relatively easy to set up a site using WordPress.

Hopefully some day I will get to the point where I like WordPress. Right now I hate it even though I plan to use it for at least 3 or 4 more sites after the one I am struggling with now.

Member #
    It's really depends of what type of website you're trying to build
    For example weebly is good for a general web site
    While sellbeing is perfect for an online store

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If you are a beginner and want to learn from 0 then WordPress would be a great CMS for you.
    It is so easy to use and flexible. You will really enjoy their features.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    If you want a simple cms then try sitecake. It's drag and drop all the way and easy to edit the text. Mouse over the images and it tells the size you need to replace them with. If you have Cpanel it's under blogs, I think.

http://sitecake.com/
    Last edited by bleau canon; Sep 13th, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads