Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Whats the best CMS for beginners

Member #
    There is nothing like best CMS. The selection depends on your requirements. There are CMSes like WordPress which are simple to use and is for a beginner but as your business grows, you might require more sophisticated CMSes like Drupal, or Sitefinity. I am not saying that WordPress can't handle complex websites here.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    There are two types of CMS. You have CMS' like Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla that are a complete replacement for a static website. Then there are CMS' that simply integrate into your existing static website. The later are much easier to implement, there is no need to install them. A great example of one of these is CushyCMS.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well It all depends upon which type of site you want to develop if it is a blogging site than go for wordpress otherwise for shopping cart magento is best choice.

Member #
    After searching on google, I found Wordpress is the best CMS website.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    25% of the web sites on the internet are based on Wordpress. Wordpress is considered fairly easy to use but to really use it effectively Joomla is number two and is a little more difficult but does have some pluses. Magento is in third place and is much more difficult. Even with Wordpress being fairly easy to use you need some other skills to do much other than a basic template site. Some knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP etc is really needed.

Member #
    As I know, WordPress is the best platform for beginners. It's friendly and easy to use and SEO.

Member #
    For simple static website is Minorit enough. IMHO WordPress is great for more complex projects.

Member #
    Yes there's exactly the difference that brandMatt described earlier. Almost everyone here talks about these big tools like Wordpress that replace whole website. You need to learn the template system and accept some restrictions. Find a webhosting with PHP and MySQL etc... But the original question was about implementing CMS into existing website. I'm also interested in adding an edit functionality to websites that I'm creating.
    Jimmy, that Minorit sounds promising. Do you know if I can use it also when my website has a menu and more pages?

Member #
    Wordpress is the best for beginners or advanced website designers. Super easy to setup and super easy to design. I have a quick tutorial on [EDIT: Second link drop removed by TheGAME1264] if you need help.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Oct 26th, 2016 at 01:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is your last warning.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads