Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Whats the best CMS for beginners

Member #
    My bad, didn't know I'm not allowed to link out. Thought it was relevant and helpful thats why I linked it.

Member #
    One of the easiest CMS systems to start with, I would suggest is Squarespace. Honestly it is really simple and with enough practice you can create some fantastic looking websites. The problem with Squarespace though is that it is pretty limited but for the vast majority of standard websites its ok. In reality I would start off a little more technical like WordPress or Drupal because you will built the skills needed to continue in the industry. Knowing Squarespace alone will limit your potential client base.

Member #
    I personally prefer WordPress for me and my clients

Member #
    Definitely, WP is the best choice for the beginner.

Member #
    Easiest to learn is probably Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal in that order; options/flexibility the other way round.

Still, if you really want to learn about web content management, none of them are particularly good to get a grasp of core concepts of WCM. They're not very good at separating design, business logic, content model, and content from each other. So depending on your educational goals in this, you might want to read up on theory first, then look at a more structured CMS to learn how to apply this in practice.

Member #
    WordPres is the best, also you a supporting community to help you if you get stuck

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I would agree on WordPress being the best choice for a beginner. Joomla is much less intuitive and most of the rest are not as well supported. I would not suggest SquareSpace or Wix for anyone just because you are more locked in than you are with WordPress.

For a beginner I would also suggest using a free theme. I have seen some beautiful sites created with free themes such as the basement one posted here for review not long ago which I consider to be one of the best sites I have seen. The premium themes can be really cool but they pack so many extras with them that it is much harder for a beginner to work with. I would say using a free them is about like learning to ride a bike and using some premium themes are more like learning to fly a plane. I particularly would suggest the Vantage theme for a beginner. If you want fancy effects like text flying in every which way you can find a free plug in to achieve that.

Banned
    Member #
    CMS Choices for the Complete Beginner Choosing Joomla, Drupal or WordPress as CMS in a beginners.

Member #
    Well for a Beginner I always prefer Wordpress because of its simplicity and tons of plugins which help in Easy formatting and setting up the Website. Other options are joomla and Drupal for which you need to be technically sound.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads