Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hello!
    I've made my own theme and I'd like to have a tag cloud in the sidebar. The tag cloud is added without problems, but, when you press a tag in the tag cloud, a white page appears instead of all the posts with that tag. I don't know what query I should use to display the posts with the tag which you pressed in the tag cloud.
    I've spent half the day googling for an answer but found none. Please help me.
    Thanks in advance!
    SITE: www.skaffawebb.se
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    It's a bit difficult for me, because I don't read Swedish, but it doesn't look like you have actually added any tags to your posts. There is a built-in query for displaying posts related to the tags, but if you don't put the tags on your posts, as well as in the tag cloud, then the WordPress query won't find the posts to display.
    MrTeapot likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Oh. I have put the tags displayed in the tag cloud onto some posts. They are automatically displayed in the tag cloud.

Any idea?
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    When I look at your blog posts, for example the one called
    [SIZE=22px]Googles aprilskämt och roliga sökfraser [SIZE=22px]I do not see anytags - where are they?[/SIZE][/SIZE]

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    [S]Ah, I don't display them on the posts, but I have assigned them to the posts in the admin panel that's why they are in the tag cloud. I'm not sure, but maybe I have to show them on the posts as well?[/S]

[S]but the BIG question is: What query should I use to display the posts when the tag cloud is pressed on in the first place?[/S]

[S]How do I retrive the posts with the pressed tag? I can't write a static tag to get every posts from, I need to get the posts with the tag that is pressed in the tag cloud...[/S]

[S]I think it has to do with tag.php and arhcive.php[/S]

[S]Any idea?[/S]

Problem solved: I copied the archive.php from a tutorial and appearantly it worked. Wordpress is using some sort of magic to find out what tag was pressed and then display the posts.... If this was the 15th century Wordpress would've been burnt for witchcraft!
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeapot, post: 228249
    [S]A[/S]

Problem solved: I copied the archive.php from a tutorial and appearantly it worked. Wordpress is using some sort of magic to find out what tag was pressed and then display the posts.... If this was the 15th century Wordpress would've been burnt for witchcraft!
    Wait - I'll get my pitchfork and we'll chase it through the village!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    We must throw it into the water and see if it floats!
    Swedish Web Agency

Remove Ads