Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a blog on blogspot.com and what I'm after is a floating thingy that will scroll with the user.

Scroll down, it's there. Scroll up, its still there.

I want to use it to display facebook likes, youtube subscribe and feeburner subscribe with some other custom tidbits.

Ideally I'm looking for a slick and unintrusive method. I've seen several tutorials on how to achieve this, but I havent found a solution that works for me yet.

The blog is at www.cerebral-coitus.com - nothing too offensive, but it is nsfw.

Many thanks!

Member #
    holy **** where did my avatar come from?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What you're looking for is a fixed position floating navigation bar. Hundreds of examples if you google it. Problem is, blogger may not allow you to embed that code into your site.

Haven't used it in years because they restricted the use of customized code. You'd probably find a more useful answer in forms that talk abou blogspot?

If you had your own site, on your own hosting package... It's a 10 minute fix.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 229271
    What you're looking for is a fixed position floating navigation bar. Hundreds of examples if you google it. Problem is, blogger may not allow you to embed that code into your site.

Haven't used it in years because they restricted the use of customized code. You'd probably find a more useful answer in forms that talk abou blogspot?

If you had your own site, on your own hosting package... It's a 10 minute fix.
    blogger is more than sufficient for my needs, and indeed it is more customizable than most people realize. I've already found a solution that works exactly as I need, albeit only for facebook.

now if only I could figure out how to add more stuff in there. (youtube and feeburner)

The code for the menu is below.

HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"> //<!--
    $(document).ready(function() {$(".w2bslikebox").hover(function() {$(this).stop().animate ({right: "0"}, "medium");}, function() {$(this).stop().animate({right: "-250"}, "medium");},
    500);}); //--> </script>
    <style type="text/css">
    .w2bslikebox{background: url("http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mk9TmMZTZb8/Tx0lncFgQJI/AAAAAAAAARo/2GeufUJ0Wik/s320/jake.jpg") no-repeat scroll left center transparent !important;display: block;float: right;height: 270px;padding: 0 5px 0 46px;width: 245px;z-index: 99999;position:fixed;right:-250px;top:20%;}
    .w2bslikebox div{border:none;position:relative;display:block;}
    .w2bslikebox span{bottom: 10px;font: 9px "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;position: absolute;right: 6px;text-align: right;z-index: 99999;}
    .w2bslikebox span a{color: #FF9D00;text-decoration:none;}
    .w2bslikebox span a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}
    </style><div class="w2bslikebox" style=""><div>
    <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/cerebralcoitus&amp;
    width=245&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;show_faces=true&amp; connections=8&amp;stream=false&amp;header=false&amp;height=330" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border: medium none; overflow: hidden; height: 330px; width: 245px;background:#fff;"></iframe></div></div>

Remove Ads