Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am working with Convio's Luminate CMS system. I am trying to build a generic template for a website. Thee software has a component that can be added to a template called a "list", although it is not a true html list. Basically the software treats this component as a div. The component finds article, posted to the webpage, and with a filter, displays the articles to the webpage that relates to that page's content. For example, if you are on the child support laws section of the website, the page will display articles that relate to child support laws, and will update automatically when a new article is added to the website on the server end. When building the template, there are multiple of these list components. For example there is list to pull "articles", "newsletters", "publications", etc. So I use the WYSWYG wizard and lay out each of these components and set the filter. However, if a particle page doesn't have content in the "publications" component, that component won't display, which is what I am looking for. The problem lays in their being a weird gap in spacing in the webpage. I would to be able to move the other component divs, automatically based on what divs are displayed. I know I could do this with Javascript, but the problem I am running into is I don't know what the Convio software does with an empty list div component. I tried using using 'null' in an if statement, however the the div isn't null, it is just hidden I guess. Does anyone have any experience with Convio's software? Is what I am trying to do even possible? Did my description make sense? Thanks for any help.

Member #
    This might to too late. But your first point should be to consult a Convio Online Help for instructions on template syntax and then hand-code your list template by hand instead of using a WYSIWYG editor.
    In the future you should also consider posting your questions in Convio/BlackBaud community, as it contains product-specific forums and you are very likely to get a quick reply there.

Remove Ads