Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello!
    Yesterday I migrated my blog from a free WP subdomain/hosting to my own TLD and paid hosting. Mostly the transition was smoother than I thought it would be and for the most part things are almost back to normal already. With one big exception, my permalinks.
    Nothing except default will work. As soon as I try and change it then not only older posts and pages, but also anything I post AFTER the change simply doesn't work. 404's all around. I've tried editing my .htaccess file (even though I don't get any message saying it can't be accessed). I'm at wits end.
    If I don't get it fixed now then all the linkbuilding and promoting I do between now and when I do finally get it fixed will be either for nothing, or require going back to change links one by one, where possible.
    Any suggestions or help much appreciated. I'd also gladly give someone access to my site or whatever they need if they think they can fix it. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any monetary reward for help
    Thanks for any help!
    Regards,
    Curtis

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What's the two full domains in question?
    I migrated my sister's blog from blogspot.com to her own domain, I believe she lost the SEO value, but she maintained the following. I don't believe she had much SEO to begin with, I have yet to work on the SEO for her.
    But what's your domains?

Remove Ads