Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Don't count Joomla out. Depending on the features of the site, it's sometimes the easiest of the 3 to manage and to theme. My advice would be to download and install all 3 (Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress) and have a look at all them before you commit to any one. Installation each of them is easy and just takes a few minutes, so it's well worth spending the little bit if extra time to make a more informed decision.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks for all of the comments

I have a client who is a photographer any suggestions on what to use??

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Wordpress

Member #
    I would recommend WordPress as well.. both other systems are for group administration and high volume systems. You can get your custom layout converted into WordPress for a couple hundred from a freelancer. ..

ill break it down a bit.
    Drupal is mainly built with a community of users in mind
    Joomla is pretty complicated for a first timer.. i have spent countless hours answering questions on how to do things.
    WordPress was built as a platform to create and share content, easily added and pages that are created easily.. geared for a single user and multiple readers -and those boundaries have been long shattered with community plugins.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    WordPress is an efficient, user-friendly content management platform without requiring extensive developer experience.
    Drupal is an intricate tool with powerful taxonomy capabilities that are ideal for larger, more complex websites.
    For begginer, WordPress is better.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thuybk View Post
    WordPress is an efficient, user-friendly content management platform without requiring extensive developer experience.
    Drupal is an intricate tool with powerful taxonomy capabilities that are ideal for larger, more complex websites.
    For begginer, WordPress is better.
    Wordpress is about as efficient as dragging up old posts n not adding very much to the convo.. This is more so talking about the other post you made on the "what cms is best for beginner" thread but still applies here.

Ive noticed i jump to the conclusion that people know forum etiquette, so for the sake of it let me explain. Although you posted more than you did on the post mentioned above, you still have not contributed much. Some advice from me would be to read our more recent threads and contribute where you can there. If a post is over a year old and already has replies or has been resolved we can leave it alone. That is unless you have something important to add. Which here you did not.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Use Drupal if your programming knowledge is good otherwise use WordPress

Member #
    Both platform is different but WordPress is much better then drupal because WordPress is user-friendly and easy to manage......
    You can not say WordPress better but simple, because everybody knows that Drupal is much powerful than WordPress.
    As beauty comes with perfection, and this race of perfection has made Drupal more productive and apparently more complex.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickShawn View Post
    You can not say WordPress better but simple, because everybody knows that Drupal is much powerful than WordPress.
    As beauty comes with perfection, and this race of perfection has made Drupal more productive and apparently more complex.
    I think that was probably true at one time, but I'd say it's not longer the case. Although WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla each have strengths and weaknesses, I'd say that today's WordPress is just as "powerful" as the others. The plugin architecture and API "hooks" make it easy to add functionality to WordPress, and there are somewhere around 40,000 plugins available - it's hard to find anything that you CAN'T do with WordPress and out-of-the-box plugins.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Both platform is different but WordPress is much better then drupal because WordPress is user-friendly and easy to manage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads