Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,

I am looking to add a payment gateway to a clients website, something I have never done. The client is looking for payment to be taken for a service, this will be a standard payment of 99 so no shopping cart required or further e-commerce - also they want the client to be able to pay either through their own Paypal account or visa, master card, visa debit etc without having to register. They want the client to be able to enter all details from contact to more specific inline with the product.

So I need a payment gateway which accepts paypal and non-paypal account holder payments, an integrated form to take specific customer details (I am guessing this will require either a database or e-mail validation).

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/website-payments-pro

Does everything you want all in one service as far as payment processor goes. Not sure about the form, though...that's likely a DIY sort of thing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yup, the form is a DIY thing... Once you have gotten the users info... Send then to the pay pal option...

Pay pal is a payment processor, they don't care what or how much... You do have the option to send them back to a specific page on your site once the payment has been processed...

And yes, pay pal allows you to pay with other cards...

I'm not aware of any other payment processor that allows payments using pay pal...

So if pay pal is a requirement... Then this is probably your only option.

Member #
    Hi,

So must the client have a paypal account in place to accept payments from both Paypal website standards or only if they decide to go with Paypal Payments pro? I also have been doing a bit of further digging and is not necessary for the customer to leave the website if a Paypal API is built into the website using Paypal Payments pro?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    To accept any kind of payments from pay pal, someone has to have a pay pal account associated with it...

As for pay pal pro... The last time I had dealings with them, yes they had an API to put their form directly on your site... But it required that you be running SSL on the site ... And setting up the account required to provide more information and the validation process was very painful... And you had to provide your Federal EIN ( proving your a business ), You also had to have a certain amount of transactions per reporting period to qualify to even sign up for a pay pal pro account...

That was last year, so I'm sure there have been changes since.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If integrated properly, customers don't do anything but click a link or a pay now button, and people used to paying online with pay pal... Expect to see the pay pay payment page...

If your displaying the pay pal buttons across the site... Only people that have never purchased online may get a little confused ... But facts are less than 1/2 of 1% of people that click on the pay now buttons don't finish the transaction... That's about PAR with other payment processors... So

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 236288
    To accept any kind of payments from pay pal, someone has to have a pay pal account associated with it...

As for pay pal pro... The last time I had dealings with them, yes they had an API to put their form directly on your site... But it required that you be running SSL on the site ... And setting up the account required to provide more information and the validation process was very painful... And you had to provide your Federal EIN ( proving your a business ), You also had to have a certain amount of transactions per reporting period to qualify to even sign up for a pay pal pro account...

That was last year, so I'm sure there have been changes since.
    So it looks like the most simple way is for their to be a local form which captures customer details and creates and account with Username/Password forwarding this information to a database/and e-mail if required?

The client should either have their own basic paypal account where they can set up a single payment 99 to be collected from the customer when re-directed to the Paypal website, there the customer can either pay using an existing Paypal account or use Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard etc by entering their details as would normally be the case for any 'first payment' on a website?

Is there anything I am missing, can the customer details be forwarded to the client after payment is made to confirm receipt or tied in with a ref number generated by Paypal?

Thanks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 236289
    If integrated properly, customers don't do anything but click a link or a pay now button, and people used to paying online with pay pal... Expect to see the pay pay payment page...

If your displaying the pay pal buttons across the site... Only people that have never purchased online may get a little confused ... But facts are less than 1/2 of 1% of people that click on the pay now buttons don't finish the transaction... That's about PAR with other payment processors... So
    Sorry think I should have asked this question here....

So it looks like the most simple way is for their to be a local form which captures customer details and creates and account with Username/Password forwarding this information to a database/and e-mail if required?

The client should either have their own basic paypal account where they can set up a single payment 99 (the client can set up the payment amount and amend whenever they like from their account)?

The above amount is then collected from the customer when re-directed to the Paypal website, there the customer can either pay using an existing Paypal account or use Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard etc by entering their details as would normally be the case for any 'first payment' on a website?

Is there anything I am missing, can the customer details be forwarded to the client after payment is made to confirm receipt or tied in with a ref number generated by Paypal?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nope... You got it, you use to be able to send the user back to a specific page on your site whhne the transaction is complete...

This is where in ASP it gets fun..( still experimenting with php so assume you can do this or more ). When a user registers and enters his / her info, I create a user ID...

I take that user ID and their current sessionID AND set them as session variables ...

When the pay pal transaction was completed, I sent then back to a page that looked at THE USERs sessionID, their clientID, and the http_referrer string ... That tells you who the user is... And if the transaction was successful or not... If successful... I update their account info as "paid" and give them access or not ( depends on the system or client )... Also send an email... Pulling the clients ID AND status of the transaction...

The owner of the site can then check the pay pal verification of payment and either login and allow access or whatever action is required...

Not sure if the URL from pay pal still has the transaction status in the URL or not...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 236293
    Nope... You got it, you use to be able to send the user back to a specific page on your site whhne the transaction is complete...

This is where in ASP it gets fun..( still experimenting with php so assume you can do this or more ). When a user registers and enters his / her info, I create a user ID...

I take that user ID and their current sessionID AND set them as session variables ...

When the pay pal transaction was completed, I sent then back to a page that looked at THE USERs sessionID, their clientID, and the http_referrer string ... That tells you who the user is... And if the transaction was successful or not... If successful... I update their account info as "paid" and give them access or not ( depends on the system or client )... Also send an email... Pulling the clients ID AND status of the transaction...

The owner of the site can then check the pay pal verification of payment and either login and allow access or whatever action is required...

Not sure if the URL from pay pal still has the transaction status in the URL or not...
    Mmmmmm, all sounds a bit tricky for a novice like me so think I will stick to the simple:

1. Customer - Completes form on website, details sent to database and e-mail verification with username/Password.

2. Customer - Directed to Paypal website where they can pay either through an existing account or register their details to pay the one off payment.

3. Client - Then has all customer details saved, a note of who has paid through their Paypal business account and ready to forward any correspondence required.

One last question if what I have above sound plausible, the client will have to sign up for a Paypal business account to create setting and take payment - is it a simple process to set up payments to be taken and should they set up, as a start up business [SIZE=11px]Express Checkout as well as [/SIZE][SIZE=11px]Website Payments Standard?[/SIZE]

Thanks

[SIZE=11px]
    [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads