Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Here is my problem, the code that I have in my editor and publish is different from what actually shows up on my webpage. The problem is rel="prettyPhoto". I keep changing it to rel="prettyPhoto[gal1]" and when I check the source page of the site it is updated, but not when I open it up in the inspector and thus the code doesn't work. If I manually change the code in the inspector it works. Here is the link to the site: http://sites.timothy-jacobs.com/cass...photo-gallery/ . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What editor ?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nevermind... Wordpress.. Yeah... Because of the brackets... I suspect there is a filter on the editor that won't allow brackets... Typically alphanumeric and HTML tags are allowed... Punctuation is generally replaced with ascii equivalents and everything else is pretty much stripped out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 238051
    Nevermind... Wordpress.. Yeah... Because of the brackets... I suspect there is a filter on the editor that won't allow brackets... Typically alphanumeric and HTML tags are allowed... Punctuation is generally replaced with ascii equivalents and everything else is pretty much stripped out.
    Thanks for the reply. I suspect the filter wouldn't be in the editor though because if I look at the raw source code of the page the brackets are there, but the interpreted source shows them missing, so I am guessing wordpress cleans those out somehow as it renders the page, so is there anyway to fix that problem that you know of?

Member #
    So it turns out wordpress uses brackets for short codes, is there anyway to not make wordpress read those brackets as a short code? I disabled short codes, but that doesn't solve my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I'm sure there is, but you'd have to be really knowledgeable about php... And it would probably be an all or nothing proposition...

Member #
    I shall continue my googling, thanks for the reply!

Remove Ads