Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

eff
    Member #
    Hi

I have a client that needs a site for a real estate broker agency. I will be building the site based on asp.net with a connection to a mysql database. Visitors to the site will be able to search for properties by certain criteria (for sale, for rent, holiday apartment, location, size, etc. etc), and then either send a request form to the broker for more information or to instantly book a room or apartment online. The owner of the site will be able to login to an administrative section (like a dashboard) to manage and update his site.

I am ok with the database for the search for the properties, but that's where I get stuck.

He wants to track everything, from requests for each property, status of each order and property, and communication with the clients. How can I set it up so all communication between the visitors and the owner of the site, from the first form received to all subsequent conversation be saved in a database that he can access any time? Would this all be done online, or can he also integrate this with Outlook or a CRM or email management system?

Can all this be done through the database? DO I need a separate CRM and/or email management system?

Will he be able to download all this info, including the property database, and save it and work with it from his own computer?

I am a student that just finished my ASP.NET course, and we did not learn about this. Please help.

Lastly, he wants to know if he can get an alert if a client does not reply to his email to remind him to follow up with that client.

THANK YOU!!!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Honestly it sounds like he may want to purchase one of the full featured real estate site packages that already exist.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    ASP.NET + MySQL sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Good luck.

eff
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 242831
    ASP.NET + MySQL sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Good luck.
    Thank you smoseley for your reply, but may I kindly ask that you tell me why?

eff
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 242830
    Honestly it sounds like he may want to purchase one of the full featured real estate site packages that already exist.
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is he needs many functions not available in most packages. He does not need MLS lisitings (he is in Israel), but he does need calendar functionality for ordering, mapping, and other functions specific to his business.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eff, post: 242833
    Thank you smoseley for your reply, but may I kindly ask that you tell me why?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mysql+asp.net+issues

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Use SQL server for a DB backend when using asp.net, both are MS products and are usually offered together through most hosting providers .

Yes, you can use MySQL, but unless you're really familiar with MySQL and how it interacts with asp.net, you'd be better off with SQL server.

Besides, most support documentation regarding asp.net is going to be using SQL server as the DB they are discussing. Since you're just starting out, you'd be better of sticking with what has a lot of documentation already written about.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    As for capturing all the communications, that can be done easily witha DB, you basically send responses to whomever with links embedded so they click the link and the response is displayed, you just keep doing all the communication back and forth through a web interface. Much like a help desk ticket system.

There are some modules you can look at a mail server that will pull email from a mail is and enter them into the DB, but again, you're talking about some pretty sophisticated programming.

eff
    Member #
    Thank you all very much. I am still looking for solutions, so I might annoy you all again with my simpleton questions. I am trying to learn. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!

Remove Ads