Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: CMS?

Member #
    Hello, I'll try to explain which, is my guess.

I want to make a website, which will contain information in several pages about the services I want to sell and it should have a program, which can allow to pay with paypal or creditcard options, different amounts, depending on what services do you choose. I guess it would have not more than 20 options to select, which will cause the amount of pay to change.
    I know some beginner PHP and I'm trying to improve my knowledge, and after that, moving forward to study JavaScript and JQuery.

So, my question, would be:

What CMS should I use, and what should I do, to make my site come to reality?
    Because I'm a bit lost, and don't know where to start... any help would be appreciated, thank you guys =)

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    wordpress is generally the easiest cms to learn and use (out of the big 3); WP e-commerce is a plugin you can use to handle credit cards and paypal

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Wordpress is a decent choice. It's hardly perfect, but there's a lot of resources for it. Info, plugins, pre-built themes, articles, how-to guides... this in itself makes it a good choice.

As for commerce, I don't think WP e-commerce is very good. I heard the plugin sucks. If you're planning to take cc payments with Paypal, you should just use Paypal's button option. People click on the button on your site, they'll be sent to Paypal.com, and then they enter their information. Paypal pretty much takes care of everything here. Simple option that anybody starting out should use. And the basic option requires no fixed fees.

-R

Member #
    I would always recommend Drupal, but.... if you want put a simple photogallery online you should go for wordpress

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I recommend Joomla for this. One very nice thing about Joomla, especially if you have a lot of visual assets like photos, is that it has a Media Manager which allows you to arrange your assets in folders that you create. WordPress' Media Library is flat - no folders, and that gets very cumbersome when managing a large number of assets.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,

As it sounds that due to little technical skill you are unable to decide the best. I would suggest you to do some Google and to compare features provided by CMS as there are so many open source CMS are available. After knowing the features it would be easy for you to decide which CMS suits best for your website. Well , you can choose word-press as it is easy and user friendly also it is SEO- centric which will help you to increase your website traffic.

Remove Ads