Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I have never used Wordpress before but this group asked if I would be so kind to do so and make them a "quick" simple website which has been all fine and dandy until I go to test the Contact and Newsletter forms and they "simple" contact forms are not working properly. So if you can help me out that would be great.

The Problem

I setup a Contact 7, Cita, easy signup and a few other forms and all of them keep on sending the submissions to an email address that is on the host (hostmonster). The site is www.26r.org (again, pretty simple site) and the email address that I specified for each form was admin@26r.org but it insists on sending it to twosixro@host148.hostmonster.com which I never set up and doesn't show up as an active email account.

What I have done (and tested with no change)
    - I went into the Hostmonsters MX entries and deleted twosixro's DNS Zone (recommended on Google) and then tested it and still didn't send properly, so after testing the form and seeing that it didn't work I then proceeded to put the twosixro info back into the MX just in case it was there for a reason (I don't know)

- I have tried researching this issue on the web and I saw that I should download a plugin called WP Mail SMTP that would ensure the form submissions would go to your properly designated emails address that being admin, which did not work. Though, I did receive a different error message that was sent to my own submitted personal email address from oproxy12-pub.bluehost.com instead of the twosixro@host148.hostmonster.com that I was receiving the error email message from.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at oproxy12-pub.bluehost.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<admin@26r.org>:
    74.220.207.148 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550-(oproxy12-pub.bluehost.com) [50.87.16.10]:51417 is currently not permitted
    550 to relay through this server.

Giving up on 74.220.207.148.
    So this is it in a nutshell, I feel like this is something probably really simple that most people that use WP deal with on a regular basis and will know the answer. I think it probably has something to do with the Bluehost/hostmonster but I don't know what or why.

Thank you for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    btw, I forgot to mention I did verify the admin@26r.org email address (setup in Gmail) and I have tested it by sending an email from it to my personal email and it works properly.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Did I post this in the right section

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This is the right section but your question is a bit vague.
    Which contact form plugin are you using? It sounds like you have several of them installed at once - this is a probable cause of conflict.
    I use Contact Form 7 on several of my sites on Hostmonster with no trouble whatsoever, and have never had to mess with MX entries or anything else.
    Can you be more specific as to how you have configured the form, or post a link so i can try to look at it - I know I won't be able to see the PHP but sometimes I can get an inkling of what's wrong by looking at the HTML generated by the shortcodes.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Thanks AM, I thought I was being over specific but I guess I wasn't clear enough. After trying Contact 7 and testing to see if it worked and finding out it didn't work I then tried Cita with the same result and then down the line with several other contact forms all with the same lame result.

So for this instance, I have the Contact 7 plugin currently working, I installed the plugin and activated it. I added [contact-form-7 id="130" title="Contact form 1"] to the contact page and adjusted the mail setting to direct submissions to admin@26r.org. I send a test submission which it says "Your message was sent successfully. Thanks." but it doesn't come through to the admin@26r.org that I set it to. I checked the Junk, Spam and inbox and nothing.

So I tried other forms like Cita and set it to send the submitter a thank you email. Again I tested it and now I get the thank you email sent to my Personal account that I submitted on the form but it is directed from an email address I never made that being twosixro@host148.hostmonster which should be admin@26r.org if anything which tells me that all form information is going to that Freaking email address which again I never made.

I think I need to contact Hostmonster and get this figured out. People with no knowledge can easily go into WP and set this crap up but here I am having a hell of a time with it and I am at my wits end.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    It looks like twosixro@host148.hostmonster is one of the mail servers on hostmonster.
    I just tried to send an email to admin@26r.org from Outlook and it bounced back. So it looks as if there is a problem with the actual email address, not with the contact forms.
    This raises a couple of questions -
    Did you actually set this e-mail address up in your cpanel?
    Did you check the spelling?
    If so, I think getting in touch with hostmonster is in fact your best bet. I have always found them to be very helpful and courteous.
    I'm pasting the headers of the error message I got when I tried that address here so you can reference it when you call, if you need to.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at oproxy13-pub.unifiedlayer.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<admin@26r.org>:
    74.220.207.148 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550-(oproxy13-pub.unifiedlayer.com) [69.89.16.30]:32819 is currently not
    550 permitted to relay through this server.
    Giving up on 74.220.207.148.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads