Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi. So basically one of my existing clients says he wants to get a website created soon using CMS system.
    he likes this website hotrodandrestoration dot com. So ok I have never created a CMS before or used one. I was wondering should I use a wordpress where should I start with something like this? Or would it be better to try to create my own CMS and have a client login area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    The obvious answer is if your client likes that website use wordpress, because that is what that site is made in. Don't reinvent the wheel; use wordpress and go from there.

Member #
    For create own CMS you will typically pay more for a website built on a Custom CMS and With a custom CMS, brands will have some level of dependency on their agency partner.

Better choose Wordpress as a CMS is a very low cost option. Because WordPress is ‘open source’, there is a broad developer base that range from novice to pro, as well as offer support at various price-points.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks guys wordpress it is then!

Member #
    There are also other less popular but equally effective CMS's, download webmatrix and check them out. It's quite simple!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wordpress is the best solution to your problem if you dont have an idea of CMS before.It is very simple to learn and the resources are readily available.I will be glad to help you if you have any issue.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Akanbi Ibrahim, post: 250577, member: 27431
    Wordpress is the best solution to your problem if you dont have an idea of CMS before.It is very simple to learn and the resources are readily available.I will be glad to help you if you have any issue.
    Your statement about being simple is not quite accurate.

It might be simple for some people that are familiar with the logic and structure, and after you've setup WP a few times... Yeah is is simple...

But I've trained people in using it... Some take a while to under stand it, some struggle. So when talking about WP or any other CMS ... "Simple" is relative.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 250585, member: 27723
    Your statement about being simple is not quite accurate.

It might be simple for some people that are familiar with the logic and structure, and after you've setup WP a few times... Yeah is is simple...

But I've trained people in using it... Some take a while to under stand it, some struggle. So when talking about WP or any other CMS ... "Simple" is relative.
    I agree, I personally find Drupal 7 and Joomla less complicated to use than Wordpress.. Especially when creating a custom webdesign build for it. With wordpress you have to extract all the content into different html files to get it working, and although it can be practical for blogging, thats just it, its only really been designed as a blogging tool. Even though you can do a bit more with it.

Joomla for instance can be a pretty good CMS, Although it does have some difficulties sometimes. It is pretty good. However building a custom template can take a while to get used to but once your there it works well. Only issue I have with Joomla is that some of the modules for it you have to pay for and it can take a while to integrate.

Drupal though. I find a fantastic (although not really used much) CMS, it can do pretty much everything you need, the installation of modules is really easy to work with, building templates is simple, and you can get a site built really quickly. I love it.

If though your client wants a "Stupidly simple" cms to work with, i suggest cmsfromScratch. Its very simple to integrate into a template design you already have, and even the clients can work with it easily.

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Starting from scratch(custom cms) is always healthy, but think while there are plenty of open source cms available. Wordpress is effective for blog sites but think of Joomla too.

Member #
    I use joomla extensively mostly because when I first started on this Web Development journey, I just found it a lot easier to understand, it seems it's a bit like politics where you pick a party and stick with it, people tend to get protective of their CMS of choice, but from I can gather is that Wordpress is the best choice for simple Blogs Sites, have great SEO but the learning curves a bit trickier than Joomla but easier than drupal. Joomla Is probably the intuitive & easier to learn but the SEO is not quite as good WP or Drupal, & their seems to be a lot more complex Comonent Addons available from developers for Joomla at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads