Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am new to webdesign overall, I've created some basic static html sites on dreamweaver, but my new employer wants me to manage their site using drupal. So ive downloaded it, installed it on a free host under a domain I own for testing. I am struggling with a very basic step in the workflow.

I'd like to be able to use Acquia DAMP to edit and complete most of the site, and then use Filezilla to upload the site as it has been worked on. This is giving me a headache as I don't understand PHP databases well, I am having trouble with the basics. If a forgiving soul out there could please advise me, and a common standard way of doing maintaining a site locally, and then uploading when ready I'd be so grateful. If anyone can please explain to me in a simplified way how to make sure that the database is set up correctly too that would be amazing.

There's a good chance I will be a regular here, So I look forward to getting to know the community.

Thanks
    Allen

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I used to use Acquia Damp, now I just use xampp (I can develop wordpress and drupal locally this way). I'm not the best explainer, however Acquia has a decent help section that should help you out. You just have to register on their site to access it.

Try this: https://docs.acquia.com/dev-desktop/install

Member #
    I really appreciate the response. I'm downloading xampp now and hopefully this better fits what Im trying to do thanks!

Remove Ads