Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I've been having some nagging issues with trying to figure out how to remove the .html or .php file extension. I have been finding a lot of .htaccess file extension script examples online but none of them seem to work when I create and upload the .htaccess file. I'm using GoDaddy web hosting and filezilla as my FTP but I'm sure there is a way around it. I'm still a newbie with file extensions and all. I'm sort of looking for somebody that can sort of help with this step by step if possible hehe. Am I post to be doing something with the Apache 2.2 server or saving the files in a different way. I mean as of right now I save all my files all in my external drive. But if someone could help me on this whole problem that would be great.

Thanks.

Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    GD has tutorials on how to create an .htaccess file that will work on their system.

But I've never had any issue making them work. Just create it, save it to the root level directory of the site. You can only have one, but the mod-rewrite engine for apache is turned on by default on most godaddy plans.

I think the only plan they don't work on, is the free sites they give you ... That are tied to purchase... Those plans are pretty useless due to their restrictions ... Not even sure they are offering them...

Member #
    Do you know where I can view the GD tutorials, thanks? Is it on this webdesignsforums page or do I need to look it up?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Login to your account... To to support, search htaccess ... There are numerous tutorials that work with their systems .

Remove Ads