Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Setting up a membership website

Hello All,

I am setting up a membership website using wishlist member and have a few questions on the checkout process.

Trying to decide if we need to keep the entire check out process on our site, or if it is acceptable for the client to go to an off site secure checkout page. My first thought is to keep it all on site,( we already have an ssl for the site) but a number of the shopping carts we are looking at take you off site. For onsite checkout, we are considering woo commerce with a wishlist plugin, using authorize.net.For the off site checkout, we are considering premium web cart w/ authorize.net

Is this a big issue—do clients seem to mind if they do get pushed off when they check out? I do realize we can customize some of the off site checkout pages, but it is never as good.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I personally dont like going offsite for checkouts but it doesnt stop me from making the purchase. A few sites i buy motorcycle gear from had offsite checkouts when i first started buying from them and i hesitated for awhile after being sent off site. I actually stopped the process n did some research on the company before i was comfortable enough to purchase.

Theres alot of factors to weigh when deciding this. You need to find your target market n see what they think, we can only give you personal opinions but if it matters to the people that will actually use the site is more important than my opinion.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Thank you for your help.

Remove Ads