Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

sic
    Member #

custom CMS development

Greetings to all members of the forum.
    I am not sure if this is the proper topic to post this.. forgive me if it's not.

After creating many websites using some popular CMS systems, I got very disappointed on how complicated they are. They are supposed to be very easy to use even for a plain user... but my experience tells me that its impossible for a plain user to create something decent using them. Even a programmer is having hard times to properly setup everything.. not to mention what happens when you want to create custom themes or plugins.. You should go all the way through a hard learning procedure. You must read and understand a complicated framework structure. A lot of effort is needed when you want to do simple changes on an existing theme. Sometimes the plugins needed to do simple things are making things even more complicated.. This is my opinion..

All these made me decide to attempt to develop my own CMS system. Of course its not an easy task and I am not some great programmer but I started having some results that I think they are satisfying. I would like to share with you my work and of course i am very interested to know your thoughts about my project. Thank you very much.

The links to my project:

Front Page : typOS press engine

Admin Panel : http://typos0.tk/demo/admin/index.php
    username : admin
    password : demo

Feel free to experiment with the admin panel. Please do not destroy the database completely so others can experiment too

The project is not finished yet. Its having some bugs and many features missing. I intend to add an E-Shop module (already made some work on it), a Real Estate module (almost done) and the most ambitious, an easy to use web page design module.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    It looks like a pretty cool project. One thing i will say tho is that the admin panel has way to many colors and they are all very bright. It makes everything very disorienting. Maybe try using some cooler tones instead of those bright ones.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

sic
    Member #
    Thank you for your feedback Andrew. I will think about your notice seriously. Some friends also said the same.

Remove Ads