Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which CMS is better in woking?

Member #

Which CMS is better in woking?

I want suggestions that being a beginner from which CMS should I start web development. I have searched about this and mostly people prefer wordpress on the basis of user friendly platform but i want suggestions that which CMS platform is good in functionality. Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi Ella,
    I would recommend sticking with Joomla, Wordpress etc. Which one? It comes down to self preference and people could argue about which is better until the cows come home.
    My personal preference is Wordpress as your right, it is a user friendly platform but also carries a greater selection of plugins and themes than any of the others.
    Once you find a great theme it carries so much functionality and features that you will merely have to customise the design for each client and the rest is already in place!

Member #

Which CMS is better in woking?

Quote Originally Posted by Studio87 View Post
    Hi Ella,
    I would recommend sticking with Joomla, Wordpress etc. Which one? It comes down to self preference and people could argue about which is better until the cows come home.
    My personal preference is Wordpress as your right, it is a user friendly platform but also carries a greater selection of plugins and themes than any of the others.
    Once you find a great theme it carries so much functionality and features that you will merely have to customise the design for each client and the rest is already in place!

Thanks Studio87 for your kind suggestion. I have decided that I should take start from wordpress like all other beginners in website development

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I agree with you, WordPress is the best and the most easy-using CMS, It's the most suitable for the beginners.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    WordPress is the best and the most easy-using CMS, It's the most suitable for the beginners.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If you are just a beginner than better go with word press it's the easiest one.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ella Jones View Post
    I want suggestions that being a beginner from which CMS should I start web development.
    If you mean you really want to start web development, you really should start by learning to code, at least a little bit. Start with HTML and CSS, and move on from there. If you're going to be using Wordpress, take it apart and see how it works, break it and fix it a few different ways - then you'll learn something.

If by "web development" you mean building sites for people on a pre-made platform with purchased templates and a minimum of customization - that's not web development. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, unless you try to pass it off as original work, but it's still not web development.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    OP you may want to consider, that has already been suggested, to learn some HTML and CSS even if you are going to do Wordpress. Somewhere in the mix of things if you're building WP sites for clients you'll have to know some HTML and CSS to customize a site.

For instance, if you want to verify a site with Google you have to put the verification code in the html codes on the site. On some themes to move text and or logos around on the header you have to do that with CSS. Sometimes changing colors you have to do that in the codes.

Wordpress is not always an easy simple fix for a website and not as simple as 1-2-3 until you learned how to structure a theme.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well if you are a beginner than it's better to go with custom development rather than using any CMS.

Member #
    WordPress?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads