Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

CMS + Plugin choices for a database project

Hi all,

I need some advise on a project I wish to start, I would prefer to use a CMS for this project, I have experience with Wordpress and minor experience with Drupal.

The project:

Currently I am using google docs to record data entries for specific combinations of products within my hobby and rating them, I am then using sheets to show this data in an aggregated format (countifs and averageifs) so users can view the combinations and there associated rating.

I am looking to upgrade my site to show the data in a more user friendly manner, specifically where users can review there previous data entries and amend them if needed without having to contact me

essentially I need to create a database of records that users can add and contain combinations of X,Y,Z products with a rating on that combination of products, then have the ability to show those results in an aggregated manner or searchable/filterable manner to viewers on the site as well as allowing users to keep track of the "ratings" they have provided and amend those ratings or delete them if they so desire

Forms to populate the primary database as well as the ability to authorize or restrict entries bases on certain criteria is essential

Happy to learn about the coding to adapt what is needed, certainly better in the long run than forking out $80/month to someone like Caspio for a personal project

Your help is highly appreciated and any advise will be taken on board

Kindest Regards
    Jack

Remove Ads