Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

CMS ? Is this what I need ?

Am building a website and the client would like to be able to update one art of the website ie Latest News...is a CMS what I need or is there a simpler way...any help will be appreciated...thank you in advance...

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It depends on a lot of things. Main concern is how experienced are you in programming languages? How much/what is he editing. Is he creating new content to ADD to existing content or just changing the content already there?

You could use a CMS, could use a CMF or create something simple yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Vapr_Arts...it needs to be simple...no programming exp...one of my first websites...he/she needs to be able to login, type new content, and post it and it feeds into the website...maybe use an outside program ? Blog? Thank you for your help...

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

CMS ? Is this what I need ?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmartin View Post
    Hi Vapr_Arts...it needs to be simple...no programming exp...one of my first websites...he/she needs to be able to login, type new content, and post it and it feeds into the website...maybe use an outside program ? Blog? Thank you for your help...
    People really need to know how to code before building sites for other people.. You have a long road ahead of you. Id recommend using a Content Management System also known as a CMS. Everyone seems to like Wordpress, i on the other hand try to avoid it especially if you aren't coding it yourself. It can become bloated(slower load speeds) and its not the securest of options. You can choose to use alternatives like Drupal or Joomla, or take a chance on WordPress.

The reason i say you should really know how to code is because at this point you have the same options as your client does. With no experience you have the SAME experience (or even less) than your client does with building a site. They could do a site themselves using a CMS. If this is something you're interested in doing then id highly recommend learning to code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads