Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Automating Uploads with Go Daddy Website Builder

I am designing a webcomic using Go Daddy Website Builder.

With this I intend to have daily uploads. However doing this manually is quite time consuming if doing individually. It arguably takes probably about 2x as long to upload 15 30 strips as it does to upload 1 strip.

As such, I need to try and automate how to upload files. I've looked into a few different ways to do this, but the only one that seems work-able is to create a script that fills in a webform, in this case, the one that allows me to upload images. Noting that I also need to caption the image, this will be very difficult to write I expect.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theboringhorse View Post
    I am designing a webcomic using Go Daddy Website Builder.

With this I intend to have daily uploads. However doing this manually is quite time consuming if doing individually. It arguably takes probably about 2x as long to upload 15 30 strips as it does to upload 1 strip.

As such, I need to try and automate how to upload files. I've looked into a few different ways to do this, but the only one that seems work-able is to create a script that fills in a webform, in this case, the one that allows me to upload images. Noting that I also need to caption the image, this will be very difficult to write I expect.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.
    When using builders you are extremely limited to what you can do. While I do not really like WP I do not know why people would choose a builder over a CMS like WP.

Anyway, I will start by saying good luck with GoDaddy. I just divorced them and feel so much better than I did in our 2 year relationship prior. If I were you I wouldn't wait 2 years to ditch them. The reason I bring this up is because, although I have never used their website builder I will assume that once you leave them you won't have much of a site to take with you. You will probably need to rebuild from the ground up once you see how bad GD is.

To answer your question, I first need to know if you are even able to implement scripts? How much access does GD give to the files? What is the process like for doing the job now? Where do you go and how many steps does it take to upload those comic strips? Is it written in Php or something else?

There may be more questions that come up, and some may be easily answered if you provide a link to your site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads