Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can I do this using Wordpress?

Member #
    Got it! I removed it.

Now the next step: the content for the 'guests' is nearly done, but I'm adding a member section for band members. The login and everything seems to work already, but there's one thing that I am missing:
    Being able to add all kinds of data to users.

For example: I use the wordpress users as band members. Each member gets an account. However, I want to be able to add stuff like the current address, when they joined the band, what instrument they play, a picture of them, etc. etc. All kind of info about the members. Is that possible?

THEN: I want to be able to have (among others) a member list on the website itself, where the important info is listed. First I thought about using a table to show everything, but yesterday I started using 'Modals' from the Avada theme, which is a popup that pops up after clicking a link for example. Now, I have been able to create just that, but it's a lot of work. Is there a way to automate this, and have the modal (or whatever is used to display the member info) extract the info from the wordpress user accounts, once a template is created?
    The same with the member pictures: I'd like the website to show a picture of every member in the form of a 'Person' shortcode from the avada theme (or anything else that works). Would something like that be possible?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    dutchguy likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thanks Ronald, tha plugin seems to solve the 'adding info to the users' part of the question.
    But ideally I want to have a sort of template of a user info page/popup, that I can build by calling for the info from the wordpress user.

I don't mind having to copy paste some stuff to create the popup, but the info itself I want to have ONLY in the wordpress user. So that if I change info there, it changes on the popup as well. Ideally, that would be lets say for user John, I would paste this piece of code into the popup content, where I only have to put in the name John once, and the piece of code now knows which info it has to extract from which part of John's user profile, and where to place it.
    Is that possible?

Member #
    Ok, so the website is nearly done. Thanks everyone! I still haven't solved the problem of how to use data that is in a user profile (such as the address, and how to display that on another page. Right now I've added everything manually, but I'm curious to see how it can be automated, if at all.
    I'm mostly polishing the looks of the website right now. Adding a nice gallery, shooting the final pictures for the members areas, integrating facebook and youtube, and stuff like that. I'm really happy with the result so far

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads