Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

CyberStrong Probable Surrender Flag

I doubt anyone will come across this particular issue...but since I did and there are almost 55,000 members (along with many more lurkers), I'm posting it in that it will help anyone.who ends up in this situation.

A company known as Cyberstrong (cyberstrong dawt cawm...not providing the direct link) seems to have pretty much abandoned their cart, eList, eLink, and eHelp products. A patch provided by Microsoft and downloaded by their "hosting partner" (who shall remain nameless because the hosting partner wants nothing to do with this situation, as this isn't their fault...although if you know me well enough, it won't be hard to figure out) apparently "broke" their various products, which run on Classic ASP.

As you will see from the home page if you decide to look, there is a workaround available for the cart. You'll see a line in epilogue.asp that reads:
    Code:
    Set App = Nothing
    In my particular case, this line was on line 14...since I've never edited this file before, it should be true in most cases for the cart. I don't know where it would be for the "e" products as I've never used them before and up until last year had never heard of the Cyberstrong cart.

To fix the cart, comment the line out:
    Code:
    ' Set App = Nothing
    I have tested this on a client's cart on the day the patch came out and the problem started (July 12), and everything has worked since. I also provided the workaround to the "hosting partner" on the same day (yes, that's my ultra-complicated workaround), and from having spoken to them earlier this evening they have had several clients try this out; none of them have called back with any further issues.

Having also spoken to the partner at length about this issue, we've pretty much come to the mutual conclusion that Cyberstrong is no longer supporting the cart in a manner similar to that in which web hosts used to suddenly shut down in the early 2000's. In other words, if you're out there and you have a Cyberstrong cart (or know of someone who does), you'd be very well served to migrate away from it. The best time was a few years ago. The next best time is right now.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads