Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Please Help Test my New CMS

Member #
    Liked
    959 times

Please Help Test my New CMS

I finally have my CMS up to a usable state. I was hoping I could get a few of you to run it and mess with it. I would appreciate it greatly anyway.

Going in, understand that it isn't a CMS in the Wordpress sense. It is a "headless" CMS, or basically an API that can input and output content that is meant for you to build on top of. As such, there is no front or backend. There is no templating engine, and for now there's no baked-in way to build plugins or extensions.

Also, there is no, and I mean no user management. That's coming in the future, and isn't required for basic use.

There are some test pages in the test folder, but from there, I'd like to see what you all come up with.

Please let me know if there are any issues or errors you run into, and aside from converting to prepared statements, any security issues you see.

You can get everything here: https://github.com/ronaldroe/StarkyCMS

Thanks!
    bleau canon likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Shoot me a Facebook message on Friday and I'll have a look, Ron. I'm on vacation right now.
    Ronald Roe and bleau canon like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Will do. Hopefully I can get a few more...
    paul.daniel47 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Forgot to message you. If you have time, I'd like to know what you or anyone else thinks on it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about this. Let me give it a go now.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, because I'm an a-hole and because I know that other people will be a-holes when they use this, I decided to be your guinea pig testing a-hole.

I threw it up on my localhost (IIS 7.5) and opened up the index.php prior to reading the manual just as many a-holes will, only to receive several warnings about being unable to connect because I had the wrong credentials (apparently "password" isn't my root user password!)

Then I opened up readme.md in Notepad. For some reason, there are no carriage returns there. So I opened it up in Notepad++ and was fine.

I used s_settings.php and put my MySQL server (localhost), user and PW.

When I ran installer.php, I got these warnings:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1049): Unknown database 'starky' in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\installer.php on line 8

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\installer.php on line 43

Warning: main(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\installer.php on line 45

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\installer.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\installer.php on line 49
    Then I ran index.php and got these warnings:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1049): Unknown database 'starky' in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 96

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1049): Unknown database 'starky' in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 96

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 202

Warning: mysqli_fetch_all() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 203

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 235

Warning: Starky::mysql_get_posts(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 245

Warning: mysqli::close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\starkycms.php on line 253

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in G:\Starky\StarkyCMS-master\index.php on line 14
    So I'm pretty sure I broke it real good at this point. I really have no idea what feedback to give you, unfortunately.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Alright, I'll look into it. Most likely you didn't create the actual database, which the script doesn't do for you, ATM. Thus, my instructions are crap.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No, I did not. I wasn't sure whether the CMS would do it for me, as I think most people would expect given their prior experiences with say WP. Again, I was a-hole testing. Better me than a real one...oh...wait...never mind.
    Ronald Roe likes this.

Remove Ads