Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Intaling of theme on wordpress

Dear team,

I have a domain name from godaddy and hosting server from host gator and in hostgator I have installed WordPress.
    Now I have selected one theme from WordPress but it is not showing the images as it it, the theme selected and activated it is showing only structure and no image and no data..need help for the same.

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dilip0021 View Post
    Dear team,

I have a domain name from godaddy and hosting server from host gator and in hostgator I have installed WordPress.
    Now I have selected one theme from WordPress but it is not showing the images as it it, the theme selected and activated it is showing only structure and no image and no data..need help for the same.
    HI, and welcome to the community. Many of the Wordpress developers will not include everything you see on a demo site for the theme you download and install, and sometimes they will. Sometimes you have to purchase their premium verison of a theme to get some of the content you see on a theme. It just depends on the developer of the theme. A lot of times it's up to you to add your own images and content.

How experienced are you in Wordpress, and would you mind sharing your theme with us.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Apr 13th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Hello,

Thank for your reply!!!

The Theme name is Max Store..

I want to start my e-commerce business online. I don't have any experience in Wordpress development..

My page is setup on wordpress.org and not wordpress.com.

You suggest which would be better..??

Please let me know anything else you need

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dilip0021 View Post
    Hello,

Thank for your reply!!!

The Theme name is Max Store..

I want to start my e-commerce business online. I don't have any experience in Wordpress development..

My page is setup on wordpress.org and not wordpress.com.

You suggest which would be better..??

Please let me know anything else you need

The first thing I would advise you to do is not to use either wordpress.org nor wordpress.com. They own your site not you.

You need to get a good reliable cPanel web host, not one under the EIG brand either such as Hostgator and Bluehost.

If you're new to Wordpress, especially an ecommerce site, you need to get some help and also watch some tutorials on youtube to learn the basics.

I'll install your theme on our test server and take a look at it for you.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Apr 16th, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    I installed the Max Store, free version, on our test server this morning and took a look at it. After activating the plugins that came with it the theme is very limited, my personal opinion, as to what you can do with it to make it look anywhere like the demo.

I also talked to our ecommerce guru this morning that builds our woocommerce sites and she took a look at it. Her advise, and I'm with her on this one, to find you a woocommerce developer to either build or help you build your website.

Or, do a lot of tutorials on it and make you a test site and learn on it before you take your main site live,

Good luck.
    Bleau

Remove Ads